one.

"When someone you love becomes a memory
That memory becomes a treasure."

Melione sat in her car playing with a thick gold chained necklace that had a huge diamond in the center of the letter 'V' this necklace being obviously the 'oh so famous' Volturi crest. Just the sight of it always got her thinking about what would have happened if she stayed, would she be with...him right now? Or with her? If she stayed would they still be known as the most feared vampires in the world? Would they still be called the witch twins?

She shook her head, 'witch twins' she thought. They used to hate it, this title. The old vampire chuckled softly as memories from her human life surfaced again.

Back in the 800' A.D. :

A young girl that was barely 10 years old was perched up on a tree in the middle of the night reading a book. This was her usual spot, she always ran away from home around this time and spent her whole nights reading.

That night though, she was surprised when she saw two kids, around her age getting dragged around the woods by her classmates from the village. They stopped right in front of her tree and she could hear her friends taunting the children, having enough of it she jumped down from the branch she was sitting peacefully on and landed gracefully right by the baker's son who jumped at her sudden appearance, "Melione! You scared me!"

"Rufus." She greeted with a small smile and then turned around to look at the two kids she noticed earlier, it didn't take her long to realize who they were. Alec and Jane, the twins were rumored to be practicing witchcraft because people always seemed to disappear after hurting the twins in any way.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she tilted her head still staring at the twins with curiosity.

"They are evil witches that deserve every misfortune that comes their way." Was the only answer she got as her classmates proceeded to tie the siblings up with a rope they brought with them,

"Stop it! It is just a rumor they don't deserve this!"

"Just a rumor?! Melione don't be a fool look at what happened to Micheal's father when he refused to give them water!"

"It was just a coincidence."

"Look if you don't approve of what we are doing you can leave, it's not like we need your help you're just a girl." The young girl did not even notice who said the last sentence, she was too mad, that's when an idea popped up in her head.

She gave the kids a smirk and said "Fine then, I'll leave but I'll be telling my father to have a talk with your parents."

That sentence was all it took for her friends to perk up at the mention of her father, everyone at the village knew about him, and of course they all respected him and feared him, he was the village's wealthiest man because he was a well known business man that chose to live in a quiet place with his family so if he talked with their parents they would surely get punished, with one last glare at the twins they ran away, probably back to their homes.

Melione couldn't hold back her laugh as she saw them running away, but then she realized Jane and Alec were still tied up, she exclaimed "Oh my god! I'm sorry! I forgot!" She ran over to them and untied them helping the girl up first , she turned to the boy holding her hand out for him time take and all he did was stare at it and get up ignoring her extended hand. "Well you're welcome." She muttered as the boy she knew as Alec went over to his sister and dragged her away before the latter could say anything.

The brown haired girl was brought back to reality when she heard a whoosh that only meant one thing, the arrival of another vampire. She rose her head slowly and stared blankly at the two figures that stood in front of her.

"Alice, Jasper, what brings you two here?"

"Mel we need your help, the family might be in danger."

She leaned back in the driver's seat "Do elaborate Alice, why are you guys in danger."

"It's the Volturi..." A frown made it's way to her face

"I'll go to Forks." She ended the conversation, and quickly started the car making her way to Forks Washington.