Chapter 23

Betty POV

I was sitting in the Blue and Gold when I started having one of my anxiety attacks. This hasn't happened in months and now it is. I sat down and grabbed the desk trying to breathe; but I couldn't.

Then I felt 2 hands holding mine.

"Baby, you need to breathe." Jughead said to me.
"I...I...I c-can't" I cried
"Name 3 things you can see" he said
"T-the c-computer, m-my back p-pack, a-and y-you"
"Name 3 things you can touch" he said
"Y-you, t-the ch-chair, a-and t-the table"
"Name 3 things you can smell"
"M-me, y-you, a-and I-I can't think of any thing else" i said trying to catch my breathe.
"Now, name 3 things you can hear"
"You, kids in the h-hallway, and my voice." I said finally calming down.
"Now take 3 deep breathes." He said. I listened to him and could finally breathe at a steady pace.
"Thank you" I said to him.
"Anytime. Now, want to tell me what that was about?" He asked concerned.
"I-I don't know. I yelled at Veronica and then I care in here. A-and I couldn't breathe." I said looking down.
"I'm sorry,baby. I love you."
"I love you, too" I said and gave him a kiss.

Then, we went to class. We decided to sit with everyone at lunch even if Veronica was being a bit rude. I was the first to arrive at the lunch table followed by Veronica.
"Hey,B. I'm so sorry that I've been a bitch. I just, i don't know why I did it and I don't have a reason or excuse. I promise I won't do it anymore. I was just mad that because you and Jughead had broken up and then you stopped hanging out with all of us too. I thought I lost my best friend." Veronica confessed.
"V, I get it. You were scared. I've done really stupid things because I was scared too. But I'd rather have you tell me than be a total bitch to me." I said.
"I know. And I'm so so sorry. I promise it won't happen again." She said and I smiled.

Soon everyone showed up.

"So guys. I was thinking, we should go to the swimming hole this weekend." Cheryl suggested and we all nodded.
"How would we get there?" Kevin asked.
"Ronnie and I can go in my car and the rest of you on motorcycles." Archie suggested and all of us agreed.
"Oh! Guys I just realized I never told you why I was called to the office on Monday. I'm the valedictorian of our class!" I said and they all cheered.
"What are you going to put in your speech?" Veronica asked curiously.
"I'm not sure yet, I haven't thought about it. But, we should go shopping for our graduation/after party dresses soon. And yes Kev, you can come." I said and we all laughed. 
"Do you guys want to go today?" Cheryl suggested.
"I can't today but maybe...Friday?" I said.
"Friday works for me, so looks like we're going shopping on Friday!!" Kevin said excitedly.

Before we knew it, it was Saturday and we were getting ready for the Swimming Hole.

"Hey babe, you ready?" Jug yelled from downstairs.
"No." I said and heard him coming upstairs.
"What's wrong?" He said when he saw I looked stressed.
"I don't know what to wear." I said.
"Baby, we're just swimming. Just pick whatever bathing suit you want." He said looking at me.
"That's the problem." I sighed.
"What?" He asked confused.
"They're all going to look hot in their bathing suits and I'm gonna look bad in the one I want to wear." I said with tears in my eyes.
"Baby, I promise you. You look gorgeous in anything and everything you wear. And you will look amazing in whichever bathing suit you want." He said and kissed my forehead.

I decided to go with the light blue one I hadn't worn yet, it was one of my favorites. I put on my purple shirt and short overalls and went downstairs. Everyone was waiting outside so we went out, and left.

When we arrived Archie, Jughead, Fangs , and Kevin were the first ones to jump in

When we arrived Archie, Jughead, Fangs , and Kevin were the first ones to jump in. Toni, Cheryl, Toni, and I decided to tan for a little bit before swimming.
"Girls, come on. You can tan at home" Kevin whined.
"I will get in the water when I'm no longer as white as a ghost." Cheryl exclaimed.
"Ditto" I said and everyone laughed.

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me and then felt the water. I came up for air and saw all the girls in the water too.
"Ugh. You jerk! I didn't want to get wet yet!" I said with a smirk yelling at Jughead.
"Betts, you can tan anytime you want at home. Please swim with me." He said giving me the look I can't say no to.
"Fine." I sighed. "But, only if you hold me." I said as I swam to him.
"Deal" he said with a smile.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso and kissed him. This was the first time I was able to be held by him, without freaking out in months.

I was talking with Toni when I felt a splash of water on my face and saw Fangs splashed us.
"You're asking for it Fogarty" Toni stated and tackled him in the water. I stood there laughing at them until I felt someone grab me and pull me under. I came up for air.
"Kevin! A little warning would be nice sometime" I laughed
"But that would ruin all the fun" he said smiling.
"Omg! We should play chicken!!" Veronica exclaimed.
"What are the teams?" Kevin asked.
"Jug and Betty, obviously then Veronica and Archie, Kevin and Cheryl, and Fangs and I" Toni said and we all nodded in agreement.

"Betty, you ready?" Jug asked swimming over to me.
"Nope" I said shaking my head.
"If you don't want to do it, they'll understand" he said with concern in his eyes.
"Oh! No! It's not that. I've seen Toni and Veronica get into many physical fights and I don't want to be on the other side of that" I said and we both laughed.
"Well, I've also seen you get pretty feisty" he said smirking
"That's only when I get a little bit drunk" I said.
"So, pretend you're drunk" we both laughed and went over to them.

"Okay guys. You ready?" Fangs asked.
"Before we start, don't get too close to the edge and if we are we have to move back to the middle. Deal?" Cheryl said.
"Deal" we all said at the same time.

All of us girls started fighting. Cheryl got our first, then Veronica knocked Toni down. It was Veronica and I left. We were all laughing until I felt a hard punch to my eye and feel backwards into the water. I resurfaced and everyone was looking at me.
"Damn, V. What was that for?" I asked holding my eye.
"Oh my gosh B! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to punch you, it kinda just....happened." Veronica said apologetically.
"It's okay, V. I'm gonna go ice it" I said laughing and getting out of the water.
"Betts, you okay?" Jug asked and I turned around.
"Yea it just hurts a little" I said trying to pop the ice pack.
"Here, let me do it." He popped it in a second and put it to my eye. "Well, it's already bruising so you're definitely going to have a black eye." He said and I sighed.
"Why does everything happen to me?" I said with a tear rolling down my cheek.
"Baby, it isn't that bad I promise. I've had worse black eyes than this and I'm still here." He said making me laugh.

"Can we just go get back in the water. Pleaseeee" I whined.
"Okay." He picked me up bridal style and jumped into the water.

A/N: this part is a mix of emotions! I hope you all are enjoying the story! Make sure to comment and vote! :)