Chapter 6

Betty POV

I woke up on Sunday morning still in Jughead arms. This really was the best way to wake up.
"Morning beautiful. How'd you sleep?" he asked me while kissing my forehead.
"Good. Are you sure you have to go tonight?" I asked with a slight whine.
"Baby, we talked about this yesterday. Yes I have to go, no I don't want to, and if I could stay I would. But this is one of the jobs they need the king for." I sighed since I already knew the answer.
"Can we at least go to the Wyrm before you leave?" I ask with a hopeful smile.
"Why are you so obsessed with the Wyrm?" He asked me and then chuckled.
"I don't know. I just love it there. If I could be there all day everyday I would. It makes me feel safe knowing that everyone would do anything to protect anyone. Even if they aren't a serpent." I said looking at him. I really did feel safe there. There are only 3 places in the world that I feel safe. My bed, in Jugheads arms, and at the Whyte Wyrm. I've always wanted to be a serpent but I don't know how Jug would react to that so I just don't ask but maybe I will one day.

"Hey Jug"
"What?" He asked me with love in his eyes.
"I have a hypothetical question" I asked cautiously.
"Okay..." he sounded confused.
"So say there was this girl and her boyfriend was the king of a gang and she wanted to join how do you think this boyfriend would react?" I asked him hopeful while he just smirked.
"Well. I guess this girl would have to ask her boyfriend." He said with a small chuckle.
"But...what if she's scared to ask him?" I said nervously looking down.
"Then she would have to understand she doesn't have to be scared to ask or tell him anything because he loves her more than himself and would listen to anything she had to say." He told me. That only made me love him more, which I didn't think was possible. "So is she going to ask him?" He said smirking.
"I don't know. Maybe one day. I'd have to ask her." I said and we both laughed. I really did want to join the serpents but I don't know how to ask Jug. "Anyway. Can we go to the Wyrm today?" I asked with a grin on my face.
"Babe, you do realize you don't need my permission to do anything,right? If you want to go to the Wyrm then go" he said laughing.
"I know that. But I don't know. I feel like it was your safe place first and I still feel bad just going without asking you first and I feel weird without you." I said.
"Okay. First, you don't have to ask me to go. Yes, it was my safe place first but now it's there for you. And second, you don't have to feel weird without me. All those guys know if anything were to happen to you I'd literally kill them and they would all protect you with everything they have." He said to me. He really did make me feel safe.
"Okay. Also that reminds me, I have to tutor Sweet Pea at the Wyrm tonight from 6-8." I said with a sad smile.
"Why do you look so sad about that?" He asked me concerned.
"I don't know. He's been acting weird lately. I think it's just cause he's stressed about school but still. It's really weird. It's probably nothing though." I said shaking my head and getting up to get ready for the day. I keep some clothes at Jugheads house and he keeps some at mine since we sleep at eachothers on the weekends.

Time Jump-6:00 at the Wyrm
"Hey Betts" Sweet Pea said as I arrived. I still can't get over how different the nickname sounds coming out of his mouth. It just sounds weird with Sweet Pea.
"Hey" I said sitting across from him in the booth. "So. You ready?"
"Yes"
After explaining some sort of math equation...
"So do you understand that now?" I asked.
"Kinda. I'm still confused on how you go from that to the answer" he said pointing to the problem.

1 hour later....

"You did it! You got it right!" I celebrated standing up.
"Thank you Betty" he said giving me a hug. Then he kissed my cheek. I was shocked. I know some friend groups kiss eachother on the cheek but not us. That was something only the couples did, but I decided to let it go.
"Okay well, I'm gonna go now so I can get more ahead on the Blue and Gold schedule. Good job on the math problem!" I said to him while waving bye.

I had already asked Toni to walk home with me since Jug didn't like it when I walked home by myself. Toni ended up sleeping over. By the morning neither of us had heard from Jug about how the serpents went last night. After a trip, he would usually text me when he got home, or at least a goodnight text and he didn't. Although I was worried I decided to let it go and think about school for the day.

At School

I was one of the last people to arrive today which was odd but I didn't care. I was still concerned about Jughead.
"Have any of you guys heard from Jug? He had something with the serpents and I haven't heard from him since." I said with worry on my face.
"No" "nah" "nope" "no, sorry" "sorry, betty" they all replied immediately. Which was weird but I let it go. I gave them a sad smile and then went to the Blue and Gold so I could think of where he was without anyone worrying about me.

Time skip to lunch

I still haven't heard from him. This is the longest we've gone without talking. It's weird. I haven't been able to do any of my work so now I have a ton of homework, I have to write his articles for him since he's MIA, I still have to run vixen practice because I haven't quit and passed on the job yet, and now I'm worrying about my missing boyfriend.

Where are you Juggie?

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story! The drama is coming really soon, I promise! I'm writing that part right now and it's coming out so good I can't wait for you all to read it!