"Baby you hear that!" He joked walking up to me.

"Yeah. It sounds like your toothbrush brushing against your teeth." I laughed.

He smacked his lips. "That's cold." He said.

"I'm just kidding baby." I said coming out of our walk in closet.

"Whoa...what the hell? I thought we were gonna chill today?"

"I know baby. But Crystal got sick and they need me to cover for her." I said.

He pouted.

"Don't pout. I'll home before you have to go to the studio."

"It's not about you being  home before the studio, I thought i was gone get to tap that ass."

I threw my head back in laughter. "There'll be plenty of time for that later." I said walking up to him and kissing him.

"Can you spare 10 minutes?" He smirked.

"Nope." I said getting out of his grasp as he smacked his lips.

"Her shift started at 9:00 it's already 10. If i wanna get out early I gotta go early."

"Fine." He said making me laugh.

"What was wrong with Royalty?" I asked.

"She feels like you're hovering. And to be honest babe, you kinda are."

"I am no-"

"Just listen. You know how you and your mom were at that age, and you know how you YOU were at that age. She's not gonna go down the same path. You just gotta loosen up and bit. Stop thinking that she's gonna make the same mistakes. I mean, truth be told, she's already accomplished way more than you and I did. Aight? You just gotta loosen up just a little bit baby."

"She's just so much like me, I don't want her to make the same mistakes I made.

" I get it baby. I do. But you gotta allow her to grow."

I took a deep breath. "You're right."

He smiled. "Maybe y'all just need a heart to heart." He kissed my forehead.

"Can I drive the lambo today?"

"Since you not giving none up I guess you can." He joked.

"Shut up."

****

Chris was sleeping peacefully after i had left. It was quiet in the house and he didn't have anybody to bother him or make any noise, just how he liked it.

But of course there's always something in the way of getting sleep around here.

His phone began to ring waking him up.

He grunted and cursed under his breath as he sat up answering the phone.

"Yeah." He said.

"Hello, is this Mr. Brown?"

"Speaking. Who this?" He asked.

"Hello, Mr. Brown. I'm Mr. Taylor calling from Greensdale High School."

"Okay....? How can I help you?"

"Umm, well, we've been making phone calls to parents to the children who have been missing a few days of school. And we see that Royalty's attendance is rather concerning." He said.

"What you mean?" He chuckled. "I just dropped her off this morning."

"She hasn't been marked present for any of her classes so far this morning."