IF YOUR FACE CLAIM TURNS 18

So, I did a chapter similar to this when Caleb turned 18, but I figured I would provide a similar chapter but for a different perspective! So, in my case, my first Stranger Things fic with an under 18 face claim was published around the time season two came out which was 2018! That being the case, my face claim turns 18 later this year! Then again, so does Finn Wolfhard. However, that might not be the case so here's a list of a few situations you might run into!

IF YOUR LOVE INTEREST AND FC ARE THE SAME AGE:

Sure, there may be a couple months where one is 18 and the other is 17, but it's not a big deal! All of the resources are already from when they were under 18 unless they magically had a plethora of new resources once they turned 18! Once both the face claim and the love interest of the actor are both 18, the resources and time period of the show having the younger actors is implied!

IF THE ACTOR TURNS 18 BEFORE THE FACE CLAIM:

Just like before, if this is set in the show, there's not much stress here. Everyone can tell that the actors were 13/14 in the earliest seasons of the show and a disclaimer may be helpful but overall is not necessary! If you've written a fic for the actors and now the show, you might want to add a disclaimer about the time it was written!

IF THE FACE CLAIM TURNS 18 BEFORE THE ACTOR:

This one is easy peasy! All the resources you've used up until the point they turn 18 are from them when they were younger meaning all you really have to do is take two seconds to add "young!" in front of the name of your face claim! If you'd like to add a disclaimer saying that your fic has been up since before they turned 18 then you may, but it's easiest to just go with the latter!

Now, this may seem trivial or frivolous, but a little can go a long way to make sure people know you're not making an effort to put these kids with underage or overage face claims and it can save more trouble if people think they can call you out for such a thing just because you forgot to label accordingly!!

( nic! )