"You're my good luck charm, baby," he looks at me seriously. "As long as your ok, I can carry on doing what I do best,"

"Are you sure? I would think your mom would want you to have this, especially now," he hooks one of his fingers through the ring around my neck, admiring the inscriptions on the front of 'K + S'.

"She told me to give it to the right person, and I have," he brings the ring up to his lips momentarily. "Think of it as a promise: that I will always come back to you and you'll always come back to me,"

"I still think you should take it," I give him a slightly forced smile.

"And I still think you should keep it on you forever," my cheeks heat up and I nuzzle into his neck to hide the blush as he chuckles. "It's yours, Sweetheart. I work my best knowing you have a piece of me with you,"

I nod and we embrace, free of stress for about a second before someone shouts his name.

"If I don't see you before lift off, you can do this, I believe in you and I love you," he hugs me tighter as if i'd fade away any moment.

"I know," I look up and kiss his nose. "I love and believe in you too,"

"Go, kick some ass, Amor," he pecks my lips quickly, but it means so much too. It means: come back safely, to me, and I promise I will on your end.

He rushes off, thankfully before realising that while he was too busy squeezing the life out of me, I used the force to unclasp the chain and slide it into his pocket without his notice.

Smiling as I watch him greet whoever called him over, I jog over towards the Falcon but stop as I see my parents in a deep moment, him holding her head to his chest much like Poe and I had just done. The look on his face is one I rarely ever saw in my whole life - panic. Han Solo didn't panic, he did what he thought he should and dealt with the consequences later on. Although it's slightly unnerving seeing that emotion covering his expression, he still winks with a smile when he sees me.

I speedily spring back into action and help Finn with moving the crates of bombs onto the ship, having to remind him multiple times that they are explosive and that he needs to be more careful.

Finally, everything is ready to go and my mother approaches me with a confident smile. "You were made for this, you know,"

"I don't know about that, if I could stick to doing people's braids everyday I probably would," she laughs and shakes her head, holding my hands for a moment before deciding that's not good enough and pulling me close, cradling my head like I was a child again. "I'll try and bring him back, I promise,"

"I know you will," she kisses my temple and squeezes her eyes shut. "Keep your Father out of mischief, ok?"

"Always," I kiss her cheek and smile at her, saluting with two fingers before standing on the hatch opening of the Falcon. "I'll make you proud, Momma,"

"I know you will, my Princess,"

And with that, the hatch closed and we prepared for take off.

****

The lightspeed tunnel doesn't last long before Finn starts to get restless, and it was obvious.

"How are we getting in?" he asks after five minutes of knee bouncing.

"Their shields have a fractional refresh rate, keeps anything slower than lightspeed getting through," Dad replies, Finn gulping as I silently begin to panic.

"We're going to make our landing approach at lightspeed?" he exclaims, dread filling his eyes.

"Just trust the process Finn," I say calmly, attempting to make some of his anxieties go away.