Chapter 8 - Training

A/N: publishing an extra chapter in celebration of 1K views which we hit this morning. Still can't believe it!! Don't worry, the next chapter is the one we have all been waiting for and you won't be disappointed whatsoever ;)

Chapter 8

He sits in shock for a minute or so, his jaw slightly ajar. BB-8 buzzes with excitement and he looks from Poe to me and then back to Poe, obviously confused seeing as this seems to be the first time Poe has ever been speechless.

"Seriously?" he exclaims softly. A smile creeps onto his face, making slight dimples into his cheeks. "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be,"

"Really? And what did you think it would be?" I question him, slightly disappointed in myself.

"Well, I didn't expect you to say yes at all to be fair. Especially if you're as stubborn as your mother," he jokes, his shit eating grin only growing wider.

"I normally am but you," I sigh deeply. "You used your 'best pick up line' on me,"

"If I said that I haven't been planning this date since we made the bet, I would be lying," he winks.

I roll my eyes and he gets up from the floor, holding his hand out for me which I take and he pulls me up, putting his free hand on my waist and pulling me closer.

"Don't you think this relationship is moving a little too quickly?" I quote him playfully as I push him away. "I'll race you back to the ships,"

"Wait wha-"

"321 go!" I begin sprinting away from him childishly, wind in my hair as I hear him calling my name behind me until his heavy boots begin to run as well. The ships come into sight but so does Poe's orange suit from behind me and I run faster. BB-8 overtakes me but I don't mind - i'll still beat Poe.

Out of breath and sweaty from the hot sun and the weighted uniform, I get to the x-wing, placing my hand on it's painted orange stripe and waiting for my date to catch up.

"What the hell, Kibo?" he pants as he bends over and places his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"I didn't even win," he gives me a confused look. "Your son did,"

"BB is not my son," he defends.

"You sure about that?" I tilt my head and smirk at him.

"Yes, he's my buddy, right?" He turns to the small droid who is stationed at my feet. BB-8 looks up at me and gives me a confused beep.

"I don't think he agrees," I look down to the droid and then back up at Poe who has caught his breath and is now well on his way over to me.

"Since when did you start understanding droid?" he stops next to me, looking down at his child.

"Since I started learning and wanted to get in on your secret little conversations about me," I wink at him and put my helmet back on my head. "Come on it's getting dark and you need to put your son to bed,"

I turn around with a skip in my stride and walk over to my shiny new x-wing, helmet on my head. "Dude seriously, he's not my son!" he groans from behind me. I shrug at him as my hatch closes and I connect back with his comms.

"I'll race you back to the base and then we'll see what my mom says," I tell him as I flip all the necessary switches and begin to lift off. I see him doing the same.

"We shall," he is obviously smirking, I can only picture it in my head but it doesn't stop my heart from racing.

We take off the training grounds and speed off against each other towards the hangar. I let him beat me there, not wanting to hurt his ego too much today.