Chapter 12 - Great Feelings Of Discomfort

Chapter 12

Fire. lots of it. Screams from women and children. A stormtrooper. A bloody handprint. An exploding ship. A prisoner. Kylo Ren.

I sit up with a quick inhale. What in the maker was that dream? I calm my breathing down, resting my head on my hands and realising now how truly sweaty I am.

"Love?" an arm, Poe's, wraps around my waist as he scooches closer to me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a bad dream," I lie back down, allowing him to hold me close as the big spoon.

"Ok," he presses a kiss to the side of my head and I feel as though he has taken all the badness away from my mind as he does so. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I let my eyes droop heavily again, and slumber takes over my body in a more peaceful matter than before.

But as I fall asleep, I can't help but wonder what that dream meant. Was it a dream at all?

****

My eyes widen quickly at the sound of a slow knock. Poe, who has his arms still tightly around me, whines and snuggles his head into my neck.

"Who is that?" I groan as the knocking stays constant. I throw the cover off of me but I don't necessarily want to get up yet. It means I would be leaving Poe and I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could before my mother throws him into an x-wing and sends him to do whatever it is he does in Jakku.

Getting frustrated by the knock, I get up and out of my bed; grabbing my dressing gown and putting it on before going to the door. Poe shifts uncomfortably and grabs hold of my pillow, attempting to replicate his hold on me. I go to the door and look through the peephole, nothing there but the knocking continues.

Opening it, I am greeted with BB-8 who looks up at me and beeps with a confused tone. "No, he's still asleep," I let him enter and he rotates over to his dad. "How long until he has to go?"

1 hour. I only get one more hour with my boyfriend and then he's off doing Maker knows what.

With a saddened sigh, I kneel down on Poe's side of the bed and stroke some of the hair off of his face. "Poe," I whisper. "You need to get up,"

I kiss his cheek gently and he stirs under the contact. "But why?" he whines childishly.

"You're supposed to be going in an hour," his eyes snap open in panic and he sits up rapidly.

"Is it really 2:00 already?" he asks, making me just as confused as he is. He notices BB-8 after he beeps in confirmation and he pulls the cover over him quickly. "Get him out, I'm naked!"

"Naked?!" BB-8 responds almost angrily as I urge him back into the hallway. I string of impolite words leave his speakers through a variety of robotic noises as I close the door and he shakes his head disappointedly going down the hallway.

I sit back down on the bed next to Poe and he holds me close by the waist. "I don't want you to go," I tell him, a little guilty with how selfish I'm feeling.

"I don't want to leave you either, but we have jobs to do, a galaxy to keep safe," he pecks my temple and sighs. "When all of this is over I promise we can spend days like this,"

I look up to him with a smile, feeling tingly in my stomach at the thought of being with him for so long. "You better stick to that," I pat his cheek and he chuckles. "Come on then, Flyboy,"

I draw away from him and stand up but he grabs my hand and keeps it held tight as I start to try and pull away.

"You have to get up sooner or later, Dameron," I tug against his grasp but to no avail.