Training

Hunching over her knees, Y/N struggled to catch hold of her breath. Sweat trickled down her eyebrows onto her eyelashes. All she wanted to do was collapse and sleep like there was no tomorrow. But, the man standing tauntingly before her seemed to have other ideas.

"Get up," he ordered, like all this while he had been strolling through the park. There was a sheen layer of sweat, but that only added more to the inhuman effect he always had. "Stop wasting time Y/N. Get up."

He seemed to take her physical needs into consideration because he lowered a hand. Even in so much exhaustion, all Y/N could think about was how he looked angelic. A dark angel calling her to the impure side.

She weakly placed her palm on his, letting him handle all her bodyweight. Her knees gave in once she was standing entirely. "Kishou..."

He sighed. Putting away both their quinques, Arima placed his hand underneath her knees and scooped her up. "You need to eat more and workout more. Improvement is important in any job. You can't slack just because you have passed with flying colors previously. Life is a work in progress."

Y/N pouted and nodded, as Arima went on scolding her. He placed her gently on the bench which was against the wall as if handling a porcelain vase. He made her drink the sugary protein shake. Truthfully speaking, it tasted absolutely disgusting. But Y/N bore through it only because of Arima's concerned face.

Even with her, he rarely made any expressions. Yet, times like this he would use it and have her on her knees.

"Feeling better?" Arima asked. Y/N nodded.

"Then let's practice again."

"Kishou! Are you even human?" Y/N exclaimed. His lips twitched as he lowered his face against her ear. "Not entirely. Maybe because you bring the beast within me."

Her eyes widened as her face started heating up. Y/N softly hit his shoulder. "You should stop spending so much time with Sasaki-san. Look what he has done to you!"

Arima smirked. Before he could reply, the door to the training room flung open. "Arima, Chairman wishes to speak with you," a voice called from the doorway. It was Akira.

"Mado-san!" Y/N welcomed. "Good afternoon, L/N-san," she said walking in.

Arima looked at Y/N one last time before making his way towards the door. "Thanks, Akira."

"Are you done torturing her for today?" she asked him. "Not entirely," was his simple reply, before leaving the room.

Akira chuckled. "He never would change. He was always a strict mentor. And with you, one could really not expect leniency." Y/N looked at her, not knowing what to say. Akira sighed. "Arima cares too much about you. And that is why so much time is spent in the training room. He is the 'undefeated investigator' after all, and he would want nothing less from you."

Y/N smiled, "I guess my subconscious understands, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand all this. But the logical part of my mind can't keep up. It's alright. It's the way he is. And that's why I love him."

Akira sighed. "Beautiful, beautiful! What else could be expected from the power couple who are a bunch of bulldozers on the field?"

Standing up, she looked at Y/N. "Wanna grab some lunch? I feel like eating curry."

Y/N laughed. "Personally, I believe you are lacking some tastebuds on your tongue if you could handle that much spice."

"Maybe, but otherwise life would be pretty bland, you know?"

Y/N covered her face with her hands. "Oh no! Not you too!"