Farewell

There wasn't even a gentle breeze, as if the world had given up. Her breath was labored. She squinted at the receding sun. Even with all this pain, she didn't know why she couldn't cry. Where were the tears? Maybe because it was foreseen. Maybe because it was forewarned. Maybe because, in the depths of her heart, she knew nothing could be done.

She throat closed right as she swallowed causing her to choke on her own saliva. Sputtering, she gasped for air. She dropped herself onto the soft green grass, feeling the fleeting strength. Feebly pulling out the letter in her pocket, she felt the anger building up.

When Hirako Take appeared at the front door, she felt the truth coming. He didn't bother expressing his condolences and she appreciated that of him. Handing over the letter, Hirako soon left, only saying, "We'll up hold his service."

She had no doubts regarding that matter.

Nodding steadily, she had closed the door. But the moment she turned around, compressed anger of unknown origin rose through her, blossoming through her actions. She rushed out the door, sprinting to pond where they spent time exchanging stories. The happiness felt all those times wasn't even lingering today.

The letter in her hand slightly crinkled from the pressure exerted from her fingers. Realizing the damage she was causing, she immediately stopped. This will be his last words to her. She wasn't going to destroy them. At least, not before reading it first.

Opening the envelope, she carefully pulled out the letter. It smelled like the ink he was always adamant on using. In his masculine, yet flowery handwriting, the words filled the page. As she read, slowly savoring the first read, she could hear his voice as if he would always stay in her, forever.

Y/N,

The moment I met you on the hot summer evening, I felt a ray of sunshine breakthrough the dense, dark clouds. You had turned me into a person that looked far beyond the gloomy sky to reveal the warm sun. And I believe for that reason, I needed to take this course of action.

As I am writing this, the only thing I truly feel is joy. So much joy, that words can't truly explain. And this is all because of you.

Your angelic smile present even during the harshest moments of crisis, your pure heart brimming with benevolence, and your talent to seek goodness everywhere, you are the reason for my change in momentum.

I know I'm causing you pain, but please remember that is not my intent. I truly cherish you.

But this is my decision. It would have needless happened anyway. Why waste it when I could do so much?

You were my source of energy, whenever I felt depleted. You were the guardian of my emotions and strength. I must thank the gods for having you in my life, in the most crucial time.

And with you I was able to take this decision. All my life I have felt only regret for taking from others. I hated myself. I wanted to be something of a meaningful existence. Y/N, you guided me with your love. Now I want to be of use to you.

As before, I will always be there for you. Don't burden yourself with the pain, give it to me. I will be the full strength to you as I couldn't before. I don't know what will happen after I die, but no matter what you'll always be in my memory.

The time spent, the words spoken, the emotions felt were the color to my black and white world.

Like the cocoon tightly wrapped around the pupa, you nurtured me. And I have now spread my wings.

Thank you. With you, I was able to see the world.

Arima Kishou

The ink blotched from the saline tear that dropped from her eye without warning. She quickly wiped her eyes and set the paper aside to dry it.

That was it, huh? This is where it ends.

She fell back onto the grass, as she sobbed quietly. The sun came out from behind the clouds, shining softly in the evening air. A butterfly flew over her, gently flapping its wings as it progressively moved farther away.

Please be my strength, Kishou. Support me.

~~~

Thank you so much for reading this collection of oneshots! We also have 1k reads!! I hope you enjoyed yourself thoroughly.

Much thanks for coming with me on this journey. Do check out my other works. Bye! xox