Chapter 17: The Good, the Annoying and the Irritating

Start from the beginning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caterpy and Diggeron were two players who were eagerly waiting to get out of the gate at Gurrow village. They had been excited to finally reach Age 14 and start their own adventures. And just as they thought of leaving, the event quest had started. To capture the beastmen.

Caterpy was wearing the gear loaned to her by the guards while Diggeron, being a battle school graduate, got his own gear. A chest guard, gloves and boots. Each plain and sturdy though Diggeron's gear had some options. Both of them received the weapon of their choice from the guards though. Diggeron chose a sword. Caterpy a bow. The two of them were experienced virtual reality gamers having played other games. They knew how to handle and use the weapons in their hands.

"So when do you think we will start Manish?"

"I don't know but it should be soon enough. I guess they are just waiting for Lady Altia to arrive. And do call me Diggeron in the game. Its no fun choosing a name if I am going to be called by my real name regardless."

"Yeah yeah...but why did you choose Diggeron again. Its not easy to say is it?"

"What's difficult about it...its digger~digger~diggeron! See it even sounds musical!"

Caterpy sighed. Diggeron or Manish had this weird habit of getting into character in any virtual game he played. A warrior, sage, knight...or what else. Caterpy or Himali liked that side of him. In reality he was a cool guy, a bit dreamy or aloof from the world. But nevertheless a good guy. On the other hand in the games, he lived his dreams of being the characters, he dreamed of in the real world. This time his character was a bit weird though. Not having a class in the game he had decided his own class and acted accordingly, which was slowly causing an ache in Caterpy's head. Diggeron was a digger of unknown treasures yet to be found. Or atleast that's how he explained it to Caterpy. All she wished though, was to have a digger-off switch sometimes.

"Ah there is Lady Altia now. And Lady Verina is with her too. Will she be coming with us as well?"

"Dunno. But she isn't wearing armor or anything to fight."

"But its surprising that there are so many people here, isn't it! Never thought so many players reached the Age of 14. I recognize some who I have seen going out the gate as well."

"Yeah it seems they stuck around instead of going to the capital."

They were standing near the gate towards the road to Thelmova along with a lot of other players.

"Alright all those who chose to join, if you have not got your equipment proceed to the guard office on the side and meet us outside the gate. Everyone else step out and follow Lady Altia outside."

The group of people followed Lady Altia outside the gate. There were scores and scores of tents pitched outside. And then they saw the hundreds of fully equipped soldiers standing in military parade formation as if waiting for an inspection. Two soldiers who looked like they were in command approached Lady Altia and Lady Verina.

"Well are we ready to move out?" one of them asked.

"In a moment Emilius. Any new reports?" answered Lady Verina.

"None Lady Verina. I expect the beastmen to be heading in the same direction or the scouts would have notified us."

"Alright. Thank you Emilius."

"Well we better get the Goddess children sorted into rank and file. Come on Emilius, Maltus........"

"Alright you lot! Fighters follow me, Archers with Captain Emilius here. Staff users, you will have to exchange your staff for spears so follow Captain Maltus here!" Lady Altia spoke loudly in a commanding tone.