Prologue

It was enthralling. The sound, the colours, the beauty. People flitted, clothes snapping in their wake, trying to get a better view. Among them was a young girl, little more than a baby, her red-gold hair glimmering in the sunlight. Despite her youth, it was easy to see that the girl was incredibly beautiful, almost surreal. The girl giggled in her father's arms, before turning to look at the road, her face the portrait of absolute awe.

For the royal family had arrived. Smiles graced their faces as they waved to the crowd. They held themselves confidently, safe in the knowledge that there was no danger here, not in the dusty roads snaking through the market.

And as the royal banners were raised, a ripple went through the crowd. One could almost taste the admiration in the air. A banner swept across the young girl's face, leaving her giggling shrilly, deep blue eyes bright with amusement.

The stares of the royals followed the sound. The Queen's smile folded over itself, and disappeared. And so did the King's . A whispered exchange- and then a trio of royal Guards were winding their way through the crowd, stopping right before the little girl with flames for hair.

A hush fell over the crowd as the young girl and her parents were led to the carriage trailing the royal's own one.

And from that day on, the young girl was known as the Lady of Loré. Not true royalty, but treated just the same. They called her Lady Hellaya Afaelen.