Ch 28 - It's Way Too Cold To Be Out Here

The stars in the night sky always used to calm down the brunette whenever he was feeling low. Looking at them now, they don't have the same effect they used to have. The twinkling of stars made him realize how small he is in this vast space, now making him feel a bit too small.

A quiet sigh escaped his lips before he stood up, walking out of the makeshift sleeping area everyone created together. Soft snoring echoing as he walked down the corridor. Looking around, realizing that this was the same corridor he and.......... Nevermind.

He walked onto a balcony, the cold air nipping at his skin. He looked back up at the sky, looking for a specific star they he always used to searched for. When his blue eyes finally landed on the brightest star, he smiled. Before he knew it though, it disappeared. As if it was never there.

The smile disappeared, a frown and a couple frustrated kicks replacing the quickly vanishing hope in him.

So frustrating

So annoying

So complicated

So confusing

So anxious

Anxious. Yea, that's the word. The word that was too much. The word that was too overwhelming.
A word he wished had never existed.

He wished all negative things had never existed, that nobody would be ashamed of themselves, or afraid of others, or even terrified of their own thoughts.

Another sigh left his lips, his cold fingers running through his messier than usual tufts of hair.

This was all too much. Way too much. Too much to bear.

Just too much

"You were never one to give up on something when you're determined."

Sora smiled bitterly. "I never gave up on something I knew I could win. This time is different."

"How did you know you could win that war?"

"I'm not that much of a idiot, you know." Sora turned, wanting to know who this person who was confronting him was. But when he did, no one was there. "What the..."

Sora summoned his keyblade, a chill running down his spine. Was someone here, watching him? Was it Kaito?

Sora stopped. It's couldn't have been Kaito, that voice just didn't sound like him. That voice was familiar, that's all he knew.

"You seem to be less depressed than a couple seconds ago."

The brunette turned, the voice now suddenly behind him. "I just didn't know I was going crazy, that's all."

The voice chuckled, "I never took you as one who would admit their crazy."

Sora sighed. Who the hell is the person? And why do they sound so familiar? "Are you in my head or not?"

"That all depends on you."

"So I am going crazy."

The chills seems to be running marathons down Sora's spine. Something definitely isn't right, that is until the light bulb turned on

"You finally realized?"

That feelings of frustration and confusion returned to the male, his search for that one person was the only thing on his mind.

His grip on his keyblade tightening. "This can't be some trick right? Where are you?"

"I honestly don't know. It's pretty dark where I am."

Sora released a breath he didn't he had. He looked up, not exactly expecting to see anyone up there. "So how come you're in my head?"

"I don't know. I don't remember much. Maybe I'm dying."

The air couldn't have gotten any colder in that moment and Sora could've sworn he saw another star go out.

"Come on Sora. You seriously still can't be doubting yourself."

"Why shouldn't I?" The brunette let go of his keyblade, dropping on the floor before disappearing in bright specks of light. "I'm going to have to face Kaito but thats nit what I'm worried about."

"Then what are you worried about?"

Sora tensed, his fists balled and his nails drawing blood. He never wanted to take it into account but it's more that likely will happen.

"I'm afraid that I would never get you back."

The silence was overwhelming and uncomfortable, at least for Sora it is.

"You're an idiot, you know that?"

The brunette flinched. I guess that's what he gets for saying something like that. Even so, it still hurt.

The hand on his shoulder startled him, pulling him out his thoughts and drowning him in even more painful ones. Nevertheless he still turned, hoping to see them again.

The glow around your figure so gentle but but to Sora, it felt right. Like an angel was standing in front of him.

"So you're really not here, huh?" Sora asked, his eyes not leaving your figure. "Yea I'm not. This is more like a heart to heart connection between you and me." you said. Sora nodded, before looking back up at the sky. The stars suddenly seemed to be much dimmer than before.

"Sora?" The brunette hummed in response, turning around only to feel a warm pair of lips on his. Before he had anytime to react, you pulled back. "Didn't think that would work so well. Maybe I'm not dead." You said, looking down at your hands in confusion.

Sora, still trying to wrap his head around what happened, eventually ended up smiling. "The last time we did that, we got caught." Sora said smugly, making you chuckle in response. "Hehe, yea. But now I'm pretty sure we're alone this time." You slowly walked back to the entrance of the balcony before looking back at the brunette. "Hey (y/n)? When are you leaving?" Sora turned to look at you, noticing that you glow was getting faint. You sighed. "Soon. Less than a minute or so
"The male nodded in response, before he made his was to you.

" One more chance then. " He said before smashing his lips onto yours. Smiling, you leaned in, placing your hands on his chest while he snaked his around your waist. Before you knew, it, the kiss was over. The sudden need for air taking priority. You smiled." Don't give up. Because you're not fighting for me but for a alot of other people to. And besides," You peaked his cheek, making Sora blush harder. "You got so many people on your side. They're going to help."

Sora smiled. His hand intertwined with your. "I'll find you. Promise!" He said, the sudden determination making him feel  that not all hope is lost.

You smiled, jumping up and down in anticipation. "Ill keep that phrase in my head." You looked down at yourself. That light was faded. Times up. "Guess I'll be on my way then." Sora nodded and before he knew it, he was alone again.

"I'm coming for you (y/n), Kaito, everyone." But first, the brunette was going to need some sleep. So, slowly walking back, he just got even more determined. Those feelings he felt before seeing you totally disappearing.

Sitting down in the doggy pile with everyone else, Sora looked up at the stars one last time before sinking off into a lulling sleep.