I drop her arms so she can hold it between us. "It's a lightsaber."

I had never seen one up close. I realized that this was a very noble weapon, wielded by Jedi. I'm confused, does that mean...

Rey must have noticed my confusion because she answers my unasked questions. "Yes, I think. Honestly I don't really know because it all just happened right now and i'm still a little confused by it." She sighs and sits on a nearby chair. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," I sit next to her.

"It's going to sound a little weird, but can you try to move that blaster over there. Don't get up and move it, but use your mind." Rey requests.

I'm sorry what? "Is this like a Jedi thing? Cause I don't think I'm one of you. Not that theres anything wrong with you guys, you're great. Super powerful. I should just stop talking and try it. here goes nothing." I focus on one specific blaster and think about just moving it slightly to the right.

And then it moves to the right.

I look to Rey, "Did I..."

"I didn't." She replies.

"But does that mean..." This day could not get any weirder, and I honestly can not figure most of this stuff out. "What does that mean?"

"Honestly I'm not entirely sure," Rey says. "I know that somewhere out there is Luke Skywalker. He's the last Jedi and I need to find him, get him to train me. Because we can't let Kylo win this war. If I find him, did you want to come with me? We could train together, defeat Kylo together."

I look at Rey, "As awesome as that all sounds, I think I should leave the awesome Jedi stuff to you. I would probably be better off at base."

"You sure?" Rey's eyes are hopeful.

I nod. We spend the rest of the flight back to base catching up. After all, we had missed the last twelve years, and it was a good distraction from all that had just happened.

------

We arrive back on the Resistance base shortly, and Chewie helps carry Finn off the Falcon. I'm reminded of my first time on this base which happened to be only a few days earlier. It was a nice memory, but then I was reminded of our situation when a medic says, "Easy, easy. He's injured. We've got a heartbeat." They rush to put Finn onto a small speeder to transport him over to the infirmary.

Next to me, Rey seems slightly distracted. I look up as the speeder pulls away and see what she's looking at. Leia. I assumed that it had something to do with the force, something that I apparently have, but it must be stronger with them. It probably has something to do with Han, I could feel a slight something in my chest, but it wasn't strong. Definitely not like when I was away from Rey.

I don't know why Rey is stronger with the force. Maybe because she's younger. Maybe because she actually wants to have and use the force. I don't know but I decide to let the two of them have their moment, I have a certain pilot to find.

I look around and see a group of pilots standing near their x-wings. All clad in the wonderfully colored orange jumpsuits. I make my way over to them and as I get closer I can distinctly make out Poe from the group. He looks up, spots me, and starts to move away from the group.

"I take it your end of the mission went well." He says when he's close enough.

"Uh, not as well as we thought it was going to go." I say. "There are some good things, but also some really, really bad things." Poe looks shocked at this and I don't know how he doesn't know already. "Did you not see Finn get taken away by a speeder? It was like a minute ago."