6

"For leaning, crying, you name it, I'm pretty sure my shoulders can do it."

Soon enough, the transport had made it back to the Resistance base

Soon enough, the transport had made it back to the Resistance base. In this time, Finn and I had exchanged stories. I told him about how Poe and I escaped from Jakku with Jessika and made it to the Resistance where they are very interesting in hearing everything insider about the First Order. While he told me about how he escaped from Jakku with a girl named Rey only to be intercepted by Han Solo and eventually taken to Takodona, where that entire battle just took place.

It appeared that he had finished his story just when we landed back on the base so I grabbed his arm and said, "Come on, lets go find Poe."

To be completely honest, I didn't know where Poe was on the base, but I did know that if I were to run around enough I would find him eventually, or someone who knew where he was, Like Jessika, or he would find me, considering that he always does, somehow.

Eventually we both come to a stop, seeing a certain pilot climbing out of his black x-wing. I could tell by the mess of hair on his head, not to mention the certain x-wing, that it was Poe Dameron. From somewhere behind us, BB-8 comes zooming right through Finn's legs, almost knocking him down in the process of getting to Poe.

When the droid came up to the pilot, it was clear that Jessika was right when she told me that BB-8 and Poe were nearly inseparable. The look of joy that came across Poe's face was something I had never seen before.

This is when Finn finally starts to realize who it was. He starts walking towards him, soon enough breaking into a jog, I wasn't to far behind him. "Poe?" He says, like he doesn't believe his eyes.

"Oh, no." Poe doesn't believe it either it appears, though if e're being honest, I didn't believe it when I saw Finn either.

"Poe Dameron, you're really alive?"

"Did you not believe me?" I ask, only to be ignored by the two men.

"Buddy!" The two embrace. "So are you."

"What happened to you?" Finn asks, as if I didn't just tell him.

"What happened? What happened, is Della and I," He turns and notices me standing next to the two of them, "Oh, hey Della. Anyway, we tried to use the second parachute but I don;t know how well that worked. Obviously we got thrown far from the crash, woke up in the middle of the night, nothing but a terrible parachute and Della. I was so banged up I couldn't go anywhere. Della did you tell him any of this on the way back?"

"I tried but obviously failed," I reply.

BB-8 interrupts our banter, beeping something about the situation.

"BB-8 says you saved him," Poe says.

Finn tries to add, "No, no, no. It wasn't just me-"

"You completed my mission, Finn-" Poe finally looks down to see what Finn was wearing. "That's my jacket."