7

"Poe smiles and walks away backwards, so smooth he doesn't even hit his head on his ship. 'Safety, aim, shoot.' He says."

We were all gathered around the table, a hologram of the First Order Starkiller base was projected in front of us

We were all gathered around the table, a hologram of the First Order Starkiller base was projected in front of us. It showed the outside of the base, some details of areas that were deemed extra important were written alongside those places. Though I didn't usually get to look at the outside of the base, the memories were still fresh in my mind of that place.

And coupled with the fact that I had just attempted to come to terms with the fact that everyone in my family is dead except for me... let's just say we're lucky we are in a pretty public place and not isolated on a sandy desert because I definitely would have started to breakdown if the situation was different.

Poe initiated the conversation, "The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirm's Finn's report."

"They've somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself." Snap says. This vaguely jogs my memory of some storm troopers gossiping about what they had overheard from some superior officer at one point. Of course, at the time I thought nothing of it, it was likely just overheard gossip about overheard gossip, but now... that gossip was apparently true.

"A laser cannon?" A commander asks.

"We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale," Snap admits. It's much bigger than the death star, and is sporting technology so advanced that I don't even know how someone came up with it.

"It's another Death Star," A Major on the opposite side of the table from me makes the same connection I did.

"I wish that were the case, Major." Poe hits a button on the side of the table which brings up a projection of the Death Star, "This was the Death Star," Poe pauses before pushing another button which shrinks the Death Star, showing the differences in size between the two weapons. "And this is Starkiller base,"

The drastic differences in the two weapons send a shock through the crowd. Of course the First Order wouldn't be stupid enough to fight back with the same weapon.Of course they would have to create something that could cause more damage. Of course they would have to be super extra and make that weapon about forty times larger than the last one.

Of course they would have to switch things up, they got beat last time.

"So it's big," Han shrugs.

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" An Admiral asks.

Finn and I look at each other and around the table. "It uses the power of the sun." Finn reveals.

He pauses and some people look like they don't believe him, so I but in. "He's right, I heard some people gossiping about it one time. Apparently as it gets charged, the sun will slowly disappear."