🤒Sick Days🥄

"Well Lily is sick." Joel said walking down the stairs, tapping the thermometer in his hand. He walked into the kitchen to see the boys eating.

"How high is her fever?" Jackson asked. "101.1" Joel said.

The boys stopped eatting and stared at their oldest brother, "Are you able to take the day off today?" Jackson asked.

"No, not really, we need the money and I'm almost out of vacation days." Joel replied.

"I can stay home with her. School sucks and the day off sounds fun!" Sam said enthusiastically.

"NO!" Joel, Jackson, and Olly said at the same time. Sam huffed and scooped another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"I'll stay home with her." Jackson stated.

"You have school" Joel said back.

"Ya I do. We all have school and you have work and classes at the community college. I have no tests or projects today and I will have my friends collect my work and it's Friday so I have all weekend to make up my work."

"Alright Jax. Make sure you give her the medicine to break her fever. Got it?" Joel asked.

"Yep! I will take good care of her. Promise." Jackson replied, only to grab Sam and whisper in his ear, "Jealous?" with a smirk on his face.

Sam lunged at Jackson trying to punch him. Joel just grabbed the back of Sam's backpack and pulled him out the door.

After Jackson watched them pull out of the driveway he grabbed the medicine and walked upstairs.

"Hey Lils! How are you feeling?" He said looking down at the pale girl.

"Why are you home? You have to go to school now or else you will be late." She said all worried for Jackson.

"It's okay Lils. Joel said that I could stay home and take good care of you. Besides why wouldn't you want your favorite brother taking care of you?" Jackson asked.

Lily smiled at him and patted her bed. Jackson sat down next to her and started to rub her back.

"Hey. You need to take your medicine."

"No, I'm not taking the medicine!" She yelled, making puppy dog eyes at him.

He smiled softly at her and poured the medicine into the little plastic cup.

"Here. Take it little miss!" He told her.

She just shook her head no and put her hands over her mouth.

Jackson sighed and said, "Do you know how I would get Sam to take his medicine?"

Lily shook her head 'yes'.

"Well, I would flip him upside down and just hold him there until all the blood rushed down to his head. When he finally agreed to take his medicine, I put him down."

"That's not very nice Jaxy." Lily pouted. 

"Fine, it wasn't my best moment but I had somewhat nicer ways to get him to take the medicine."

"How?" She asked.

"Well I would stick his head in my armpit, or tell him he could have cookies when he felt better, or I would just tickle the snot out of him until he agreed. Which method would you like?"

"Ice cream when I feel better and I want you to cuddle me while we watch frozen all day." Lily said.

"Frozen again?" Jackson whined.

She gave a stern look to her big brother.

"Fine. Deal!" He said grabbing her hand and shaking it. He passed her the medicine which she swallowed, and made a sour face.

Jackson passed her some water, which she drank slowly to get rid of the nasty taste.

He grabbed Lily and all of her blankets and carried her downstairs to the living room. He popped in the frozen DVD and sat down with her. She snuggled into him and smiled.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Joel had just picked up Olly and Sam from school and they were on their way home.

They walked through the front door only to find Jackson asleep on the couch with Lily asleep, cuddled into his chest.

Sam grabbed his phone from his pocket and took a picture of the two of them.

Joel looked at him suspiciously.

"What? This makes for good blackmail purposes." Sam whispered to Joel, who roles his eyes in return.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Once everyone was fed, Joel gave Lily more medicine and then put her to bed.

~Monday morning~

Lily woke up feeling normal. She had no fever and her color had come back. Joel was making breakfast when Jackson walked into the kitchen looking pale and miserable. "Joel, I think I'm sick." Jackson said.

A/N: Comment and Vote! 💕💕💕