one

his rancid breath, laced with nothing but lies, just barely brushed against his ear. a slow and unsettling silence had filled the room.
"i promise not to hit you again, as long as you listen."
jimin frantically nodded. anything to escape the harsh beatings. he just wanted the bruises and scrapes and cuts to disappear.
a smile. "all you have to do is be quiet. i don't even want to hear a peep from you anymore."
simple as that? jimin had thought.
"you are never to talk to me unless i permit you. do not eat unless i say so." the boy could feel his stomach drop at the thought of no snacks but he kept still.
"do not go anywhere without telling me. lastly, i expect to see food on the table everyday, whether i go to work or not."
and he left. he simply stood up, glanced towards the boy, and closed his door.

jimin let out an exhale of relief. be quiet, don't eat or go without saying so, and cook. he could do that. if it meant he'd be left unharmed, he would gladly listen.

✿✿✿

"are you leaving for school now?"
he just nodded while glancing at the steaming plate of food. its smell had his mouth watering– fresh rice with a side of fish paste and cubed beef– but he could only look. no eating, he mentally smacked himself.
"you're forgetting something, jimin."
his uncle's eyes darted towards the teenager.
he wants a hug. jimin nervously thought.
shakily, he wobbled over to the couch and hugged the older for a quick second- it felt like eternity. before he could even pull back, he felt his uncle's grimy hands creep down his spine... closer and closer to the hem of his jeans.
and jimin just kept quiet. he couldn't make a peep.
no talking. i can't complain. i can't say anything. i can't cry.
he closed his eyes and let his tears descend further and further down his reddened cheeks. his last outcry had been watered down into his pathetic, lonesome sobbing.
his uncle came to a sudden stop right at his waistline. the two of them locked eyes and for a moment, it was as if jimin forgot all those times that the man had raised his hand against him.
it was the first time his uncle had even looked at him with such... kindness?
"don't cry jimin. you know i hate seeing you sad, hm?" his grimy, yet gentle, hands wiped away his tears. if only those hands were there to hold him when he needed it.
the teenager slipped out of his uncle's grasp and grabbed his things for school without a word.
he slipped his shoes on, glancing back, just like his uncle did the day they compromised, and left.

<<<

it was as if his heart was going to leap out of his chest.
nothing like a big school full of scary people. jimin thought, his lonely self trudging into the entrance. the sound of laughter and screams made him shrink back even more. he didn't even know if class started yet.

he didn't even know who he just bumped into, either. it all happened so fast: he just wanted to find a teacher or supervisor and he wasn't even paying attention to his front.
"you wanna apologize, shrimp? or are ya just gonna stand there like an idiot?"

well, now he was.

a/n: im getting back into the groove of things. first chapter is released, more coming soon. plz share with your friends :]