Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 // 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 & 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

Start from the beginning

"I know that, Lucas." I kept my eyes closed, not daring to look at him because I knew I would cry. "I know that this means nothing to you," I admitted, pressing my lips to his again softly. I just wanted to cherish this moment because it won't come back ever again.

He pulled away, looking at me intently, a slightly confused expression on his face. "No, Grace, what I meant was; It means something for me. I love you. I want to be with you. If you need a friend, then I'll be your friend. If you need someone to hold you, then I'll do that as well. Whatever you want me to do, I'll do anything," he said quietly, his fingers stroking my cheek tenderly.

My heart was beating so rapidly that I thought it might kill me.

Lucas wants me? Is this a joke? Or is this a dream? I felt like I was still sleeping and that I was in some dream. If it was a dream, then it was undoubtedly the best dream I'd ever had in my life. Silently, I wished I'd never wake up. I looked up at him, hopefully. The warmth that was spreading from his fingers to my cheek was melting my heart.

"Lucas," I whispered. How was I supposed to respond to that? I'd loved him since I can't even remember, and now I had absolutely no words to describe my feelings.

"It's okay, Grace. I know things won't be the same from now on, now that you know how I feel, but I promise I won't come in between your dating life. I'm sorry for whatever I said a while ago and for walking off like that. I came earlier to speak about this, but then I saw you with him, and I was hurt and angry, so I lashed out. I wasn't going to meet Katie; I lied. But I promise we can make this work. It'll hurt like hell, but I can put my feelings for you aside and be your friend, I promise. I just needed you to know, finally," he said.

He said finally, did that mean he had loved me since forever as well?

Did he seriously think that I didn't want him, though? Every girl I knew wanted to be with Luke, except Sam; even Chloe liked Lucas, I have seen it in her eyes.

I looked at his beautiful face. "I love you too, Lucas."

He nodded and smiled his beautiful smile. "I know that. But I just needed you to know that I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember."

Yes, he meant forever. My heart skipped a bit at this.

I bent my head upwards and kissed him gently on the lips; my heart hammered in my chest as the happiness threatened to overflow inside me. "I'm in love with you too, Lucas James," I said quietly, looking into his eyes.

His eyes lit up, and his face broke into a huge smile. I couldn't help but smile in response. "You love me?" he asked excitedly.

I laughed and nodded in confirmation.

He grabbed my face. "You're serious, Grace? You love me?" I could hear a hint of desperation in his voice as he looked at me hopefully.

I nodded again, watching his face lit up like a little baby. "Yes, Lucas, I love you." I grinned at his happy expression; he looked like a kid that had just been given a new toy.

He kissed me as we walked to the bedroom. We fell on the bed as he continues kissing me slowly, passionately, and tenderly, he then bends his head, trailing little feathery kisses from the corner of my lips across my cheek to my ear.

"I told you, remember? I didn't do girlfriends?" He said, softly caressing my jaws.

"Um, huh..." I couldn't form a word so I just nodded.

I had always known that he never wanted a girlfriend.

"You know why?" he whispered, nibbling on my earlobe.

"Because of your Dad, right?" I asked.
"You didn't want to commit to anyone and hurt them, as your Dad did to your Mom."

He replied, "Yes, I told you that, but that wasn't all it. And I would never become like my Dad."

"Then, why?" I asked, confused.

"Because Grace, you're the only one for me. I don't want a girlfriend if it's not you," he said simply.

Oh, Jesus, yes! He always told me that I was the only girl for him-his number one girl.

I thought back to all the times he'd told me that he loved me or that he would do anything for me. All the years of him, being by my side, helping me with literally everything, talking me to sleep was him showing, how much he loved me. Oh, man, I've been so stupid! All those 'I love you's we had said to each other were real, not just for me but for him as well.

Happiness burst inside me as his words washed over me. "So, you're asking me to be your girlfriend?" I asked, smiling.

"No, Grace, I want you to be my girlfriend, my soul mate, my forever love," he said, kissing me lightly.

I giggled like a little kid. "That was so cheesy."

"Yeah, it was, wasn't it." Now he was blushing and let me tell you, that was the cutest thing ever.

"I love you, Rachel Grace Williamson. So fucking much." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled at him.

Everything felt beautiful at that moment. I was finally happy after a long time.

_________________________________________

So, what do you think about the chapter? Are you happy for them? Sorry, Team Travis:'(

Let me know your views in the comments below and don't forget to like, share, and comment.

Watch the book trailer featuring Noah Centenio as Lucas and Zoey Deutch as Rachel on my Instagram IGTV rashwrites_

Also, this is not the end. There are 34 more chapters to go, so stay tuned.

Have a nice day :)