Take Me Far Away

"Camila Vicario, why is your door not locked?"

The unexpected voice caused Camila to jump, dropping the joint between her fingers, "Fucking christ, Veronica!" she yelled, hand over her chest trying to slow her heart rate as she grabbed the burning herb from the ground, "Did you forget what the fuck knock meant?" Camila dropped to the couch as her friend joined her.

"Girl you need a vacation," Veronica said giving her friend a pointed look, "You can't keep this up mom. You're going to overdose on stress, and we can not have that. You're so fucking tense even with getting dick, "her hands motioning around as she spoke.

Camila cut her eyes over to her friend's glowing face, "I haven't seen Oscar since Tia came home a few weeks ago. Cesar's been dodging me, so it can't be good, "Camila took a long drag from the joint.

Veronica lost interest in teasing as she watched Camila hold back tears. Fucking Oscar Diaz. Of course he already had her unraveled in just six weeks. She couldn't deny that Oscar loved her best friend, but Santos always came before her. Sure, it was something they already knew would happen when being involved with a Santo, but it didn't mean she had to accept it for her friend.

Flicking her caramel balayage hair back, she sucked on her teeth, "It's never good when Spooky goes silent on you. He's not fucking with no hyna, but he's fighting something, "she took the offered joint inhaling what she could," When's the last time you got out of the Ridge? "

With a low laugh she met Veronica's dark chocolate eyes, "If I miss work, I lose money. If I lose money, how am I supposed to pay for medical bills on top of our everyday bills? I would kill to get out of here, but I can't afford to. "

"I mean your suga daddy is out of the pin. One advantage of a Santo is the quick money. You know he will. Even if he is trying to avoid you. "

Camila shook her head to the suggestion, a shocked look painted on her face, "I am not asking Oscar to do that, and he is not my sugar daddy."

"You right. He ain't gotta pay to get in between your legs, "she said receiving a shove from Camila," but seriously, Mila, "Veronica placed a hand on her friend's arm," if you really need help, you can always talk to , "

"No," she interrupted, "I didn't ask Darius to lend me money."

"Keep it in mind, just in case.

All Camila could do was look down, not wanting her friend to see the shame swelling within her. She caught sight of the huge rock that sat upon her left ring finger. Her best friend since first grade would be moving to Brentwood with her fiance Darius within the next month. She was so proud of Veronica, but couldn't help that she felt slightly envious of her. The BMW parked outside, the beautiful rock that decorated her finger, and not to mention her fiance was a doctor that was moving her away from Freeridge. Veronica owned a successful floral shop close to the Pediatric clinic Darius practiced. To have a life with Oscar outside of Santos would be a dream. She did not let herself dwell in the thought long. Being with Oscar as he was was a choice she made long ago.

Later that day, Camila was driving with Lupita to the Martinez residence for dinner. Geny had been trying for a couple of weeks to get them over, and Camila finally had an off day.

"After all these years, I am still so grateful that Geny has included you in their family," Lupita said, blowing smoke out of the passenger side window, "I remember when Miguel started bringing Alaina around. Don't let Geny fool you. She used to be a wild one, "the older woman happily taking one more hit from the joint before passing it.

Camila laughed finding it hard to see the strict mom as anything but high strung. The woman was a monster planning her quince five years ago. But, it was one of the most magical nights of her life. Her beautiful burgundy dress, Oscar in a black tux. His full head of curls was neatly trimmed, and he looked sinfully handsome when he came through the church doors. It was perfect thanks to the Martinez family. Camila could not be more thankful for her daughter friend.