You Left Me Behind

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything related to OMB. There will be a few OC's I'll be introducing into the story as it goes on.

Camíla Vicario parked her black Honda Civic on the street near the house she was walked towards. The young, raven haired woman had left work as soon as the last baby in the nursery was picked up from the daycare. All she wanted was to unwind before Cesar came back with Ruby and Jamal. She loved Cesar’s crew, they were familia at this point, but they ran on high energy at all hours of the day. Plus, she only got an hour to relax, and then she would have to leave for her shift at the bar. Sitting on the couch, she kicked her shoes off then brought her legs up to curl at her side. A breath of relief passed through Camíla’s parted lips. That alone eased a portion of her tension. 

Rapid knocks to the door made the woman jump, tearing her attention away from scrolling on FaceBook.  She brought her eyes quickly to the door to see Cesar halfway in. 

"Hey, Míla,” a nervous breath escaped as  he held the door ajar once he was fully in the house, “Uh,” he peeked around the door and exhaled. 

“Cesar?”Camíla called to him, confused by his hesitance. He opened his mouth, but before he could speak, a figure came pushing through the door making the young teen move from the door. Dark skin, black buzzed hair, and sinful, brown, eyes found her orbs of honey. Words escaped Camíla as she took in the man before her clad in a black tank, grey shorts, tall socks, and black shoes. Familiar, but a stranger in one person. He wasn’t supposed to be out already. There was no time for her to prepare for this moment. 

“Como has estado, mamí? (How you been mamí?),” he greeted. Standing tall, his hands were clasped in front of him, intense eyes settled on her. 

Mouth dry, she could hardly make her mouth move from shock, “Hola, Oscar,” she finally got out, “You’re out.”

Cesar stood to the side watching the two of them, nerves wracking his body. 

He was walking to the Diaz home with Ruby and Jamal debating about the most effective ways to get through high school when a taxi slowed to a stop next to them. The window had rolled down, and Cesar felt his stomach drop when he saw Oscar’s steely gaze. 

“Catch ya on the flipside, compa,” Ruby said turning on his heels pulling a stunned Jamal with him.

“Hey, hermanito. Get in,” those were the first words his brother said after three years. He didn’t think to ask for a phone to call Camíla, he blanked. The teen tried to give the woman a moment to prepare. But, it was not fast enough.

“Whachu doing here?” he asked sitting in the chair opposite the couch, eyes never leaving her. Elbows rested on his knees, chin propped on his crossed fingers. 

Tilting her head to the right towards Cesar’s form, “Making sure this one is taken care of, but you knew that,” her brow went up daring him to keep up with his questioning. 

Every morning and night, at least one of the Santos cruised by the Diaz house. Hell, they came by her tía's house, too. Oscar has had eyes on them.

Cesar took that as his cue to leave them. He left swiftly to his room, fumbling to plug his phone up, so he could talk to Ruby and Jamal. Debating on telling Monse, he shakes his head, turning on his radio to drown out his brother’s and Camíla’s voices.  

“I told you this wasn’t your problem, Camíla,” Oscar watched as her eyes widened then fell into slits of anger. 

She stood from her seat walking up to him. He scanned his chocolate eyes over her filled out form. The loose, black top fell over one shoulder exposing a navy, lace strap. Denim shorts adorned smooth tan legs. Oscar looked over her curvy form once more, and brought his dark eyes to her fiery pools of honey.