Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 // 𝐴𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦? 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑙𝑦

Start from the beginning

"Rachel, come down already. You'll be late for school." Mom called from downstairs.

"Coming, Mom." I yelled and looked at Lucas "You need to think twice before taking any girl out on a date next time. You can't keep hurting the feelings of every girl." Like me. "Now get out; I need to get dressed." I pushed him towards the door but he dropped down on the bed and smirked, "Or I can just wait until you finish."

"Lucas, I swear to God if you don't get out this instant...." I shouted.

"Calm down, woman; I'm leaving." He got up. "By the way, nice legs."

"Lucas!!!" I exclaimed, but he had already jumped out of the window. Of course, he used the window to come in.

When I walked into the kitchen after getting ready to find Lucas sitting on the breakfast table with Mom and Paul. We leave for school as soon as we finished our breakfast and surprisingly, we reach early than usual. Lucas stopped by his friends in the parking lot and I made my way to my locker.

I was busy arranging my books when Katie came out of nowhere and asked, "Where's Luke?"

I rolled my eyes and snapped, "I don't know." I hadn't forgotten about the stuff she said about me in the restroom the other day.

"No need to be a bitch about it." She snapped back and walked away.

I was so tempted to tell her that he went on a date with Prada girl yesterday but that'd put Lucas in a mess so I kept my mouth shut. I made my day, down the hallway, readjusting the books in my hand as I opened the door of my literature class. I make it through the entire period, getting my work done and after class ends, I make my way to History, weaving through students as I slip into the classroom.

Mrs. Drew made us run laps in our gym class and by the time the day ended, I was feeling completely exhausted and dizzy as I walk into the locker room. I sit down for a while to calm down my dizziness as the rest of the girls get dressed. When everyone leaves, I finally get up from my seat and get dressed to leave for home.

"Hi, my name is Rebecca." I jump at a cheerful voice of an unfamiliar voice as I turn around to find the same blonde who was smiling at Lucas the other day, smiling at me and I can't help but feel like I misjudged her. She didn't seem like the other girls that Lucas is used to dating. She seemed nice. I extend a friendly hand, smiling at her, "Hi, I'm Rachel. You must be new in this school."

"Yes, we just moved to Texas recently due to my Dad's transfer."

"Oh, well, welcome to Trinity. I hope you like it here." It felt nice to talk to someone so sweet, after an exhausting day.

"I think I'll love it here. This school has really hot boys." She said with twinkling eyes.

I assumed she was talking about Lucas because it makes sense as she was giving him cheeky eyes that morning.

And she confirms it by asking, "Are you dating Luke or something."

"Lucas and I are best friends and nothing else," I replied, laughing lightly.

"Best friend, yeah, right. I saw the way you two act."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Oh you know, him keeping his hands on your shoulder all the damn time, holding your hand, and walking you to class. Everything."

"It's because we're close to each other. We've been best friends for almost eight years." I chuckled, with no sense of humor because this girl was blatantly being rude.

"Well, no one knew you existed until this year. And now no guy dares to ask you out just because Luke asked them to back off." she snapped, sneering at me.