four- you killed your neighbors and their dog and crushed their bones

Luke sighed and looked at his alarm clock. It was the first day back at school since the fire and he was nervous to face Ashton.

Ashton didn't know, but he did. He knew it was him that made Ashton's family homeless. It was him that made them stuff themselves in some tiny apartment until they could afford a new house.

Ashton's family wasn't poor, but they were far from rich. They lost everything and it was his fault.

"Lux," Luke spoke into the phone, "I don't think I'm gonna go to school today. I feel like shit."

"You need to Luke. I can't deal with those assholes without you. Please baby. I'll do anything in return." she said, her voice dropping an octave.

So that's how Luke ended up in his girlfriends car, his hair a mess before school with both their cheeks flushed.

"There's more after school baby, you just have to help me with something." Lux purred, wrapping an arm around Luke's neck and reaching up to kiss him.

Luke could only imagine what she needed help with. Another fire? While the sex afterwards was amazing, setting Ashton's house on fire wasn't worth it.

"Lux, why are we here? Won't they be home soon?"

They stood in Lux's neighbors house in the pitch black. Luke's eyes had just began to adjust to the lack of light.

"Yeah, they will." Lux's responded before pulling out a hand gun and aiming it at the peppy puppy that sat in its cage. "Should I do it, or do you wanna try?"

Luke took a couple steps back, almost falling over a stack of magazines in the process. "Baby, please put that away. Don't hurt the little guy. He looks so happy."

Lux's smile turned into a frown before she turned the gun on herself. "It's me or him."

Luke looked towards the dog and frowned. "Make it quick."

"Mommy, why would someone do this?" A little girl, maybe ten asked, crying.

Luke's whole body quivered as he watched the little girl pet her dead puppy. Once again, he found himself alone, hiding in a closet. Lux had stuffed herself behind the sofa, invisible to the eye.

It seemed like hours before she got out a started waving her gun in her neighbors faces. She knocked them all out before shooting them.

"Come out baby." She called, looking him in the eyes through the closet. "Hit them with the bat. Crush 'em."

"Lux, lets just go. I'll get the money out of my parents bank account and my bank account and we'll leave. My parents are rich enough. We can go. Leave the country."

"Luke, relax. I've done this before."

"I'm sorry Lux, but I can't beat their dead bodies."

That was when it began to go down hill for Luke.

Lux's eye turned dark as she began to be the bodies of her dead neighbors mercilessly. "You fucking try to tell me you won't help me!" She screeched.

"Lux, please. I hear sirens. Let's just get out of here."

The bat fell from her hands and she turned to him slowly. "Do you love me?"

"More than anything."

And that was the last thing that Luke could say before Lux put the gun to his head.

His last thought was of how much he loved her, simply because she was the coolest girl in town.