I clutched my jeans tight in fists, trying really hard to stop panicking.
The small space felt closing in on me, I couldn't breathe properly.

Suddenly, I felt a vibration in my pocket.

I looked around to see that Harry was not in the ambulance. There was no space left.

I took the phone out and saw a notification from Harry.

I am with you.

Just four words.

I didn't know how just four words could help me breathe again.

The next hour passed in a blur. As soon as we reached the hospital, they wheeled grand aunt's stretcher inside the building.

Harry was standing beside me now, holding my hand in his.

I signed a few papers afterwards, and they started the examination process.

Susan excused herself out because the  hospital smell was making her sick. So it was just Harry and I in the waiting room.

We didn't speak anything, but I could see Harry trying hard to make me say something.

"She is a strong woman." He said after a few moments of silence.

I just nodded.

"What are you thinking ?" He finally asks.

"I don't know, Harry. I am thinking a lot of things at a time. But most of all, I am feeling guilty for not spending time with her. She is the only family I have, and I don't even know what her blood group is. I should have bonded with her. But at some point, I think it's good that I am not close to her. Because we all know she doesn't have that many days left. I don't want to feel that same pain all over again."

Like a lot of times before, I realised what I just said after I had said it. And now I can't take it back.

I nervously glance up at Harry. He was looking at me with concern, and confusion.

"Ms. Adams?"

A male voice saved me from giving answers.

He was a doctor.

I quickly stood up and walked to him, looking at me with questioning expression.

"Am I speaking to Ms. Violet Adams?"

"Yeah, that's me,"

"Okay, so your grand aunt is out of danger for now."

I released a breathe after hearing those words.

Wait, did he say for now?

"She has blood cancer, stage three. It's normal for her to puke blood. But it is not a healthy syptom. According to her medical history, she was already treated with chemo therapy once. And considering her age, I would suggest you to not go with the Chemo again. Although you are free to consult other opinions. But for now, we have stopped her internal bleeding successfully. But for a few weeks from now, she will have to be under severe medical attention. I can help you hire staff for her at home. You will have to revisit every 2 weeks for check up, or we can send a doctor at your house, whatever you prefer. And lastly, I think she will have to stay here for tonight, just to be extra safe. You can go meet her after 3 hours." The doctor finished and looked at me, waiting for a reply.

"Okay, thank so much doctor." I smiled, after a long time today.

"Anytime."

It was already night when they allowed me to go and meet Judy.