vi.

I mentioned before that I wasn't the best conversationalist. That means I'm not the best at starting, continuing, or ending a conversation. It's very hard to do in person and over the phone. Texting is easier since I get to think for as long as I want before actually responding.

With a visitor in my living area, it was awkward to have silence. I don't get visitors often so I wasn't used to having to host someone. Other than Leah, of course..

Nolan was watching a rerun of WildNOut on my projector. The guest on the show was someone unknown to me, but it looked like they were doing well.

Meanwhile, I was in the kitchen cooking. I wasn't sure what Nolan liked as he said 'I eat just about everything but avocados. Them boys trash'. I took that note and decided to make spaghetti tacos and stuffed peppers. It was something quick, easy, and delicious. Shout out to iCarly for that one.

The spaghetti finished cooking and I had the sauce on the side. The taco shells were pre-made from meal prepping, so reheated them in my oven. After combining everything, all that was left was the stuffed peppers.

First was the stuffing. I was already hungry, but the aroma of sausage made my stomach grumble. In addition to my own stomach, so did Nolan's. At the same time I looked at him, he turned around.

"You hungry over there," I grinned. His hungry face was hilarious. Just pure desperation.

He got up from the couch with his hands over his head.

"Who wouldn't? Whatever it is that you're making, it smells great."

My head started getting big. I shrugged, doing a shimmy with my shoulders.

"It's no big deal. Only a few are talented in cooking."

"I mean everyone can cook, they just might not be good," he added.

"True."

After that silence followed. This was the first time in the few conversations that I had with Nolan, that he had nothing to say. He was turned back to the projector. Despite having one of the most basic outfits, he sure was rocking it. His white tee though loose really showed off his figure. He was fit. His baseball cap slightly showed off his fade. He must have just gotten it cut. And don't get me started on those khakis. Leah was one of those girls that loved guys with ass.

In her words, "a juicy booty is better than tootie frooties".

Something in my spirit told me look and i surprisingly didn't fight it. When we were walking I felt the same urge, but it was stronger this time around. Unfortunately, the counter was blocking my view. I bent to the side while stirring the pot. I saw a peak of it when his neck snapped around. My first thought was to pretend like I was stretching.

His fit of laughter let me know that I was caught. My face was on fire at this point. I turned the stove off, putting my hand over my face.

"Nolan! Stop laughing," I pleaded. He couldn't even stop to breathe.

"Come on! I was stretching." Still didn't work. The embarrassment was slowly turning into shame. I had to pull a straw. The last straw.

"You know what? I guess I'll just eat by myself," I asserted. I crossed my arms and put my foot down. By the look on his face, I knew I won.

"Yeah yeah now you're quiet."

"Emerson don't play with my food." He came around from the counter and stood across from me.

"Your food? Nah, I offered it and you lost your privileges." I was a little uncomfortable with his proximity to me. He was obviously about to pull something. My next move was to grab the bell peppers from the fridge. Then he would know I wasn't fazed.