18

"If I feel weak, I know you'll pick up my slack. If you fall, you know I got your back ."

GENEVIEVE WHIPPED AROUND AND scoffed at the familiar sight before her

Agent Daniel Wilson stood there with the same smug grin on his face that he always seemed to wear. He was in a soldier's uniform but she recognized the rifle. It was identical to the one she had broken.

"Danny!" She stumbled towards forward and he dropped his rifle and pulled her into him.

"Patterson!" He said in a southern drawl as he hugged her tightly, lifting her up and spinning her around a few times. He was laughing, a sound she hadn't heard in months. She was surprised that she had missed it. "Ain't you a pretty sight for sore eyes!"

He set her down and they were both taking a mile a minute at the same time.

"What took you so long? Boss man said you'd be here yesterday!"

"You would not believe the fucking day I have had!"

Schofield looked between the two agents, unsure if he should say anything. Anyone with eyes could tell that the two had some sort of history. His jaw clenched as he watched Wilson take Genevieve's hands in his, rubbing his thumbs over them. He cleared his throat and Genevieve looked at him. She gasped and grabbed his arm, pulling him over to Wilson.

"Danny, this is Schofield!" She said. "I'd be dead if it wasn't for him."

"Does he know-?"

"Yes he knows." Genevieve linked her arm with Schofield's. "He was with me the whole way."

"You been takin' care of my Patterson then?" Wilson smirked.

"Uh," Schofield looked down at Genevieve. "Well I think she's actually been taking care of me."

"Well!" Wilson snorted. "Lucky man."

"Danny!" Genevieve swatted the other agent. "You hush."

"Sure, sure." Wilson held his hands up in surrender. "Don't you got something for me though? I've been waitin' forever."

"Oh right," Genevieve reached into her pocket and pulled out the envelope. "Take this fucking letter before it kills me." It was slightly damp as Wilson took it. He gave her a look.

"Jesus Patterson," He said as you opened it. "What did you do, swim a few laps before you came here?"

"Oh you have no fucking idea." Genevieve groaned.

Wilson read the letter and sighed.

"Are you allowed to tell me?" She asked.

"Boss man never lets us rest." Wilson put the letter back in the envelope. "Gotta go to Italy. Undercover mission."