P R O L O U G E

"I'm just like my country
I'm young scrappy and hungry."

GENEVIEVE PATTERSON SMOOTHED the wrinkled fabric of the nurses uniform the best she could

GENEVIEVE PATTERSON SMOOTHED the wrinkled fabric of the nurses uniform the best she could. She hated it. She was sweating already. She much rather preferred her normal uniform. That one was much more comfortable. And breathable.

"Agent Patterson?" Genevieve looked up to see a man stranding in front of her. The general. She saluted. He nodded.

"Sir." She said.

"Follow me agent." He said. "Did you get your mission reports?" Genevieve nodded as they walked down the hall passing offices.

"I did sir." She said. "But a lot of the information was redacted. Where exactly am I being sent?"

"Well you're going to pose as a nurse, obviously." He gestured to her outfit. "Pack your other uniform though. You'll need it."

"Sir where am I going?" Genevieve put her hands on her hips.

"France." He replied. "You ever been?"

"Once. To Paris." She said. "For a mission last year. But I don't think I'll be getting that nice treatment where I'm going am I?"

"Sorry," the General let out a chuckle. "I don't think so."

"Fantastic." Genevieve sighed and adjusted the nurses hat. "Well, this won't be too hard. I'm not a terrible nurse."

"Let's hope so." The general said. "Because while you wait that's what you'll be doing. Try not to let anyone die alright Patterson?"

"Sir when have I ever let you down?" Genevieve smiled at him.

"Why do you think I'm sending you of all people on this mission?" He replied. "But there's a first time for everything."

"You're sending me because it had to be a nurse and I'm the only female agent qualified for field missions sir." Genevieve said.

"That too." The general said as they came to a stop at the entrance. "Well Patterson, there's a car outside with your bag that's going to take you to the docks. Get on the boat to France and keep a low profile. You'll get the proper mission soon."

"Thank you sir." She shook his hand.

"Good luck Patterson." He said as Genevieve made her way out the door. "Come back to us in one piece. And maybe find a man while you're there! Tons of eligible bachelors on the battle field! You're not getting any younger!"

"Neither are you Sir." Genevieve called back sarcastically as she got into the car. "Neither are you."