"It's a mess out, innit?"

"Mm-hm," I agreed, shaking out my hair and glancing at him. "Been pouring all mornin'."

"Was ur mum planning to make the trip over?"

"Not today. I told her we'd finish filming early so she didn't have to come. No sense being on the road in this if she doesn't have to be."

"Good call."

"You talked to your mum yet?"

"Mate, c'mon. When haven't I spoke to her? Up to three times a day now." He laughed, his pale eyes squinting as he grinned. He flicked his fringe away from his forehead and took a sip of tea.

"How's she doing anyway?"

"Good. Really good. Lottie had her worried a bit...she's supposedly seeing some kid now—"

"Since when?"

"Since a few days ago, I heard. Some little bloke she met on the train. Probably a douche."

"But she's 13?!"

"They start young, Harold." He proclaimed, clapping me on the shoulder. "She's a little woman in love."

"I'd give it two weeks," I laughed.

"More like two days! Drives me nuts not being able to meet him."

"Yeah... check him out and stuff. See if he's a good fit."

"Problem is, no one's a good fit. She's too damn young, do y'know what I mean? But of course she's always telling me to mind me own business these days."

"Getting a bit feisty, eh?" I chuckled, nudging him a little.

"Just like me mum."

"And you."

"Facts."

"Sass-master from Doncasterrrrr," I pronounced in an exaggerated accent, rolling the R's. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, toasting the air and taking a sip of tea.

Soon I noticed Zayn had left us, since he emerged outside, walking through the drizzle and poking around in the garden. He was looking to see if any flowers had survived from summer, having no luck.

Lou left me to stretch out on the now free couch, but I stood there and watched Zayn for a while, marveling at how small he was in the distance. His sweatpants and jumper were oversized; his hands shoved into his pockets. He was wearing red converse with no socks and the shoelaces of one had come undone, slinging about as he walked. I got dressed and caught up to him outside.

"Harrehhhh!" He perked up. "Look, maan!" I saw a tiny perennial peaking through the foliage. Everything around it was decayed, except for its vivid petals. I reached and craned to pick it for him.

"Here you go, if you want it so bad," I muttered, handing it over. He laughed,

"Fanks, broh." He put it behind his ear and laughed some more.

"What're you even doing out here? It's freezing!"

"I know, but I love it. Feels good, doesn't it?"

"Uh, no, mate...not particularly."

"Take a breath," he said, stroking my chin until I did so. He was right. It was refreshingly chill, but the drizzle was becoming heavier so our hair got wet.

"Me dad always used to... walk in the rain, y'know? But only when it was sort of light. This is pretty heavy, not gonna lie."

"Yeah it is!" We laughed.

"But it's like...purifying, y'know. Clears your head a bit, because all youh can think about is how cold it is."

"Your dad's never been more right, I can't think about anything but how cold it is! My nips could cut diamonds!" I hugged him and he held me with a growl. Eventually he pulled away, clearing my damp hair from my forehead, making me feel self-conscious.

"You're gorgeous, youh know that?" I blushed hard, ducking my head.

"Gorgeous...?"

"Mm-hm."

"Uh...I don't know. That's a new one for me. No one's ever called me that before."

"Noh, I mean it. Your eyes are mad, Haz. So sick. Especially the color. Like this sort of wicked green and blue thing at the same time. Wish I had eyes like that."

"And I wish I had eyes like yours."

"Oh yeah? And what else?" I bit my bottom lip, grinning nervously, still clinging to his waist as he held either side of my wet face.

"And uh... your eyelashes."

"Wish I had your hair." He traded me, tit for tat.

"And your nose..."

"And your lips..." he said, brushing his thumb along my bottom lip like he had the night he first kissed me. After contemplating whether or not he should, he said f--k it and kissed my cheeks (again and again and again), squishing my face between his hands until I laughed uncontrollably. Then he sprinted back inside, leaving me laughing by myself in the rain.

(Thanks for reading! Please vote for the story! ❤️)