"You sure? You was lookin like something was wrong, Yaya," he said, still looking concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine Saint, I gotta pee though, I'll be back," she quickly stood up and stretched from her nap and scurried away to the bathroom to check herself. When she got there and saw her situation, she threw her head back groaning loudly.

That wasn't even the first time.

It was two days after Thanksgiving. She had come home from D.C. and was in bed early because she had a meeting the next morning. Her dream felt all too real, she felt every kiss, every touch of his hand, every single thing she felt it. And she woke up from the dream hot, and breathing heavy, with the exact same situation as she was in now. She couldn't look at him in the eye for a whole day after that.

She didn't know where any of this came from. She really thought she didn't have feelings for Amere and it seemed like everything hit her in the chest at once and knocked her down. She found herself thinking about him when they weren't together, she smiled when he texted her, and looked forward to his calls. She would get butterflies whenever he said her full name, or gave her a hug. 

She didn't like it one bit.

She was literally that stereotypical girl that had a crush on her guy best friend who she had no chance in hell with.

She tried to ignore it, hoping it would go away. She was in denial for weeks, she tried only talking to him when necessary, but that didn't work, because as far as best friends go, hers was pretty clingy.

Trying everything to get rid of the feelings was the plan, but it seemed like nothing was working. She nearly had a fit when she called her mom to talk to her about it. Of course her mom's advice was to stop fighting it so hard and 'allow herself to feel' but she wasn't too sure that'd do anymore than make everything worse.

"You was in there stinkn' up that bathroom, Yaya?" Amere asked, face curled up. She didn't even realize how long she was sitting in there trying to get her head together.

"No," she laughed. "Leave me alone. Now, what do you want for Christmas? Because I'm leaving on the 23rd, and I'm doing drop offs the night before," she said, getting back in her seat.

"You not coming to my Christmas game?" he asked, looking all sad.

"I can't, Saint. I'm gonna be with my family on Christmas, remember? I told you already," she explained, checking her phone for any texts or emails, like she found herself doing every ten minutes.

"Y'all can all come to the game, celebrate Christmas out here!" he suggested, making her chuckle to herself.

"Amere, I don't know if you remember, but my apartment is tiny. I can't fit my mama, my daddy and his wife, my brother, sister-in-law and EJ in one place. I'd come if I could, you know I would," she replied. "I'll be watching! I promise," she smiled, and he cracked one back.

"Wear yo' Eagles jersey and I'll forgive you," he smirked.

"Amere!" she gasped. "You want my daddy to beat me? You don't think I'm a lil too old to get whooped?! He will beat my ass! Why don't you believe me?"

"Man, yo' pops cool. He not finna hit you," he waved her off. He met her dad once. He and Vivica came to visit her, right after her birthday, and she just happened to be leaving with him to go get stuff for his hair, and his dad forgot all about his daughter.

"Okay, sure. If I wear it and get beat the hell up, that's on you," she giggled. "Your mom and them coming up?" she wondered.

"Yes ma'am. Her, Ni'jay, Reign, Zahir and my mawmaw. They comin' like two days before you leave, you should come say hi," he replied. His mom already knew of her, but she had yet to meet his siblings or his grandmother.