Twenty-Six

Having ice cream as winter drew near was not the slightest bit questionable for the vast majority of Riverdale and Greendale, it was always much cooler in the north where the two towns resided than the south

      Having ice cream as winter drew near was not the slightest bit questionable for the vast majority of Riverdale and Greendale, it was always much cooler in the north where the two towns resided than the south. So it was natural to find a moderate amount of patrons at Filmont's Ice Cream Parlor.

Santana and Keegan got their fill of ice cream, taking a seat outside the parlor. The clouds overhead concealed the sun, leaving a light chilly breeze to filter through the two teens, leading to some stray hair and clothing dancing lightly in rhythm with the gentle breeze wind that blew past them.

Keegan jabbed his spoon into his cup of moose tracks. He looked up to check over Santana, who was enjoying her cookies and cream. Her eyes were already zeroed into his own, "Enjoying yourself Blondie?" She questioned.

"Of course, between eating ice cream and getting to know a little more about you? What isn't to enjoy?" He responded, his lips tugging upwards as he sat back in his chair. Once he finished the last of his dessert, he saw Santana shaking her head knowingly.

"You're too sweet, Keegan." She cooed, eating a small spoonful of her ice cream. Keegan raised his eyebrows in response, "But I'd like to think you like it anyway right?" He asked as he raked a hand through his hair.

"Right you are again." Santana chuckled softly, "I guess you could say that I've got a thing for sweet and soppy guys." She shrugged. Keegan let out a soft chuckle. He gazed into her eyes, his expression turning serious in a matter of seconds.

"Actually... I'd like to think I'm... Seductive." He told her now. Keegan tried his hand at imitating a smolder, which was something he could only dream to pull off as he burst into laughter from seeing Santana struggle to hold in her own laugh. Santana's efforts were for naught as hearty laughter escaped from the girl, leading the pair to be in hysterics until they were left wheezing. Keegan gripped onto the table as he tried to muster out something about trying to copy a Disney character's iconic smolder.

Once the two had regained their composure, they started a game of twenty-one questions to pass the time. Their first couple questions that the two had given each other were relatively tame,

"What's your full name?" Santana inquired, toying with her plastic spoon.

"Keegan Damien Ryland. Yours?"

"Santana Karissa Santos-Adler. "

Their queries became increasingly personal. At first, Keegan was reluctant to talk more about his personal life. To him, there was not much to talk about when his family life was average in comparison to his peers. In the Lodges, Veronica's father had been residing in prison over embezzlement. The Cooper's were being torn apart because of a long-standing blood feud, the Jones family's connection to one of the notorious gangs in town. The Keller family's connection with the police department through Kevin's father, and the  theory of whether or not the department bows down to the Blossom clan.