Seven

Alice Cooper's voice seemed to bounce the walls of Keegan's empty mind, he forced himself to face the ranting woman,"My Elizabeth told me all about that fight you had with that Mantle boy and Fred's kid

  Alice Cooper's voice seemed to bounce the walls of Keegan's empty mind, he forced himself to face the ranting woman,"My Elizabeth told me all about that fight you had with that Mantle boy and Fred's kid. How you almost cracked open you knuckles and Archie had gotten himself unconscious with all of he blows he's received- and you." Alice paused,"Of all of these guy friends she has: should've stayed out of it." Alice told scowled,"Yes ma'am." Keegan said with a little nod his relationship with Alice was practically a teeter totter between disapproval and just plain satisfactory for her daughter. "Alice, let the boy breathe..." Hal grumbled as he took his wife's hand, the woman exasperated a sigh as she turned her attention back to her daughter.

  The bleachers rattled with excitement as the cheerleaders and the band had finished, all of them anticipating the banner breakthrough of their star football team to go against Greendale. And out of everything that was going on, Keegan couldn't help but notice all the other small details happening around him: Caroline, talking with a couple of her friends a ways further from him, Grundy having a unsettlingly calm expression on her face, and Cheryl who seemed to hold her breath as Archie and the rest of the football players jog out onto the field. Betty smiled as she stared up into the crowd, that was until Cheryl Bombshell had decided to run from the comfort of Josie McCoy and straight towards the locker rooms.

Veronica quickly ran after her as mayor McCoy quickly dismissed the sudden breakdown as she let the other preforming acts onto the stage to continue on the pep rally. The Vixens eventually joining into the bleachers, Keegan snapped it of his thoughts,"Excuse me, Sorry- need to pass through." He said as he quickly left the pact bleachers, he jogged into the school in suit of Betty and Veronica. Leaving Jughead to watch with a little shake of the head, maybe Keegan's loyalty was a little excessive; of course, it was all just in his nature.

"Veronica...? Betty...? Cheryl...?" Keegan hissed as he began trying to follow the muffled sniffles toward the girls locker room. Keegan quickly stopped as he saw Betty just staring at the doorway of the locker room,"Hey..." Betty said slowly taking Keegan's wrist. Veronica was siting at a bench with Cheryl, the two holding each other close. Muffled cries resonated between Veronica's shoulder where Cheryl hid her face between, Betty sighed as he turned to Keegan who was still staring at the girls,"Let's go." Betty whispered as she tugged on him to leave,"I- uh. Yeah, let's go." Keegan nodded as he let the girl lead him back into pep rally,"What Veronica did out there Keeg, was really nice." Betty said finally unfettered from the quiet voice she needed.

"Maybe she really isn't so bad." Betty finished, letting go of the blondes wrist and patted his back,"I'll meet up with you later okay?"

"Of course." Keegan smiled as she jogged back to the group of Vixens already packing up. Leaving Keegan to call his father to pick him and his sister up, having mess his knuckles up quite badly.

❰•••❱

  "You beat him good Keegan?" Keegan's father Jared asked now, once his two kids had entered the car. A proud little smile on his face grew,"Jared." Michelle scowled slightly as she elbowed her husband on the ribs,"I'm just asking. That Mantle boy had that coming, thinking he could mess with a Ryland like th-" He grunted at get another blow to the ribs. Caroline and Keegan smiling slightly at the sight of their parents bickering,"Your dad and I do not condone violence." Michelle interjected.

Jared snickered as he looked over to the rear view mirror and smiled at his son, who gave a little thumbs up before Michelle could go on her tangent about how violence is never the answer, Caroline on her phone trying to evade having to listen to her mother.

❰•••❱

Cheryl Blossom just confessed, and the sheriffs department scrounged for every piece of information they could shake off of the redhead: Gunshot, death is actually on July the eleventh and not the fourth, Jason wanted to fake his death, he wanted to run away. The news of the happenings was instantly known by the muttering students who were eavesdropping, some even turning on Cheryl at the possibility of her taking it upon herself to kill her own twin brother. The incredulous allegations threatening to tip her over the edge, how could anybody think that she was capable of ending her sibling soulmate?

Keegan, along with the vast majority kept himself update on the situation. It was impossible not to be informed of the murder especially if his best friend was the daughter of the Register, he settled himself beside Kevin as he had grabbed a cherry strand of licorice in the candy bowl of the coffee table. "So, are you a suspect now?" Veronica pipped in, the group had been debating back and fourth what the authorities would do with Archie and Cheryl's information. Kevin made a little nod, waving his strand of licorice,"My dad says we all are, including me " He explained.

"Not me me girl, I don't know these people." Veronica pointed out tapping rhythmically to her second cup of coffee of the day,"I was all the way in California for my internship," Betty also reminded her friends. Keegan played with the hem of his jacket,"I don't seem like a killer do I?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, he eyed his friends slowly awaiting their answers, a chorus of no's chimed. "Of course you wouldn't be. You wouldn't even run a guy down when you were a soccer keeper in eighth grade." Archie joked, Kevin smiled slightly as he turned to the blonde,"Okay, maybe I was afraid of seriously injuring somebody. So what?" Keegan rolled his eyes with a little snicker,"He's too much of a teddy bear for that Arch," Betty chuckled, she ruffled the blondes hair who in turn rolled his eyes. Veronica chuckled slightly,"Alright you two, I also have something else I'd like to inform the group of." She nodded,

  "I've got a date tonight." She said with a little playful smile on her lips,"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin quickly inquired, a certain football players attention quickly turning the girl; Veronica smiled slightly as a husky voice quickly interjected,"Hey Ve-Lo, I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at eight?" He smiled as he shrugged on his jacket,

"I'll be waiting."

"Cool."

  There was a quick pause, Keegan waited for Chuck and his group of friends to leave,"Chuck Clayton. Veronica I don't know about-" Betty interjected,"He's kind of a player." She warned, she quickly put a hand on Keegan's shoulder- an unsaid version of an apology. Archie nodded in agreement, though Kevin of course didn't pay no attention,"Who cares? He's the hottest of the hot, and he's the varsity football coach's son. In Riverdale, that's like dating a Kennedy" Kevin gushed, he shoved the rest of his licorice in his mouth, Archie shook his head,"Just be cautious around him, he isn't the greatest gentlemen I know," He warned,"This isn't my first rodeo Adonis, I definitely know how to handle my men." She smiled,

"Okay can we stop talking about boys now? Please?" Keegan whined as he shifted in his seat with a groan, Archie stifled a little snort as Kevin rolled his eyes both Betty and Veronica smiling slightly,"Alright Keeg, walk me to the Blue and Gold please? I have a little something to do there." Betty informed as she stood, stretched and began to get her stuff,"But isn't the Blue and Gold dead?" Keegan rose an eyebrow as he stood and took his bearings as well. "It's dormant Keeg. Dormant until now."