Fourteen

The sound of heels clicking against the metal bleachers seemed to heighten with each and every step until it was clear to see who had arrived, "Cheryl

    The sound of heels clicking against the metal bleachers seemed to heighten with each and every step until it was clear to see who had arrived, "Cheryl." Keegan said now looking up to see the girl before him, the others muttered quietly, she threw the group an unamused smile, "Sorry to I interrupt Sad Breakfast Club, but I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend." The redhead began handing out black envelopes with the Blossom crest, "To my surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest-list." She added whilst she handed out Veronica's envelope, "In case you're tempted to steal our silver candle-"

"Cheryl that's enough," Keegan said now, he rubbed his jaw with irritation, "She's not like that. You know that." He told her, the redheaded girl thinned her plump red lips, "Can't ever be too cautious. Like father like daughter." She said simply as she stalked off, Veronica sighed, "It's alright tiger, I never listen to what devil in Prada says." She assured as she rubbed his shoulder, Betty nodded, "Remember that she is burying her brother." She chimed as the wind seemed to toy around with the ends of everybody's hair. Jughead grumbled, holding his beanie tightly, "She may be a lunatic, but sometimes it is for good reason." He noted as Kevin smiled slightly and the others stifled little laughs.

"Well, then maybe I can straighten her out- so she won't have to keep antagonizing us." Veronica said now standing up, dusting off her skirt she gave hem a brief goodbye before she too had left to go try to appease the grieving redhead. Keegan sighed shifting slightly making sure Betty wouldn't slip off of his shoulder, "Are you guys gonna go?" He asked them now as the small group nodded their heads, "This is an opportunity to see what's inside the house, maybe we can find some clues as to why or how Jason died." Betty commented, her brows crunched together in thought, she looked over to Archie who was unsurprised that they didn't stop their investigation with the Blossom's tragedy.

"Who knows how many more skeletons the blossom hide in their house of horrors." Jughead said thoughtfully with a mouthful of his burger, "There could be a plethora of unsolved mysteries just waiting to be solved by us." He added shortly after he swallowed,  Kegan nodded, "Yeah, you definitely aren't wrong about that." He said now grabbing himself a bag of M&M's, he took a few before extending his arm out to let Betty have some, "Thanks Keeg." She smiled.

❰•••❱

   Once Friday hit Betty was already preparing to head out to Pop's,  the blonde putting her hair in its usual tight pony tail, lip gloss, and deciding put some lights makeup on. Alice Cooper peeking through the crack of her door, "Betty?" She began now, knocking on the door as if she wasn't stalking her a couple of seconds earlier, "Yes mom? Come in," Betty called over her shoulder, she walked over to her closet trying to find something nice to wear; She settled on wearing her usual collared jumper and some matching jeans, "What exactly are you dressing for Elizabeth?" Alice questioned now with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm going out." Betty answered distractedly as she began to apply a little blush, "Going out for what exactly?" Alice asked her now, "You are far to dressed up to just be 'going out' what exactly are you doing?" She probed once more, the girl sighed finishing up the last of her makeup, "I'm heading to Pop's with a friend, then after we're coming back and watching a movie here." Betty explained now, "With whom exactly? Is it Fred's spawn? Because if it is I won't let-"

"It's Keegan, Mom. It's no big deal." She said  finally as she was slipping on her ankle boots and grabbing her bag. Alice sighed, "Jared and Michelle's kid. You're sure he's not a bad guy?" The older blonde shook her head, "You know that when I was younger, his father was a trouble maker, getting into fights until Michelle had finally suppressed him." She informed Betty, "And his mother...Class president, soccer player- the works..." She went on, "Goodie two shoes had finally rubbed off on him, but I don't trust it."

"You're sure that Keegan isn't a delinquent? Fights? Steals? Does drugs? Is he really a good kid Elizabeth?" Alice probed again, "No- no- Mom, you've known him since we were kids! You know he isn't like that." Betty shook her head, "He's sweet, caring, loyal, he isn't some run of the mill delinquent, we've hung out many times before. He wouldn't hurt a soul." She assured her, purposely leaving out Keegan's outburst with Reggie. The older woman grumbled in response, "You never know if Keegan will turn up bad you know." She reminded her daughter, to which Betty shook her head, "He wouldn't hurt me." She promised as she shouldered her bag, "You say that now but he will later!" Alice called out as Betty began to head out, "He's too sweet to do that!" Betty called back as she headed out, making her way toward the iconic 90's style diner.

When Betty has arrived she greeted Pop Tate, sitting at her usual booth, waiting patiently for the arrival of her best friend. Keegan arrived shortly after his hand reaching down to put his keys into his pocket, leaving out the blue lanyard attached to it; he slid in the booth across from her, "Hey Bets." He said as his lips upturned into a smile, Betty sighed glad that he had arrived, "Keeg." She smiled back as she offered him a little wave, "Thank you for waiting, my mom was asking about where I was going," Keegan explained embarrassedly, "Oh- no it's alright Keegan, my mom had a little freak out when I told her that I was heading out too." Betty chuckled lightly as she shook her head.

Keegan's stomach fluttered at the sound, the sound of her laughter never got old to him. He could probably listen to her soft laugh for hours on end and still it would never get old, Keegan ran a hand through his hair as he could help but smile a little more, "Hey, what are you smiling about?" Betty asked her as he was looking at her, "It's nothing, it's just sometimes I look over at you and you've got this scrunched up expression is all." He answered. Betty smiled at the answer, "Well thanks, I'm glad to know that just the mere sight of me makes you feel the need to smile." Betty chuckled, their attention from each other was interrupted when Pop Tate had come over, "What can I get for ya'll two in this fine evening?" He asked.

Keegan and Betty nodded as they had greeted the older man, "Okay Pop, can you please have some milkshakes, strawberry and chocolate..." Keegan began, "And what do you want Bets?" Keegan asked as the blonde turned to Pop, "I'd like a grilled cheese, with tomato soup." The girl informed, to which Pop scrawled something on his small notepad. Keegan nodded, "And I'd like a country fried steak." Pop Tate thanked them before he had gone into the kitchen. Keegan smiled slightly as he shifted in his chair, "Okay, so... Can I sneak around Thornhill with you?" He asked her now as he placed his chin on his palm, he also wanted to snoop around and find all kinds of skeletons that are practically begging to be opened. The girl across from him chuckled lightly as she rolled her eyes playfully, "Of course Keeg, there's nobody else I'd want to be by my side. We'll kick ass together right?" She asked with a smile splayed on her glossed lips, Keegan smiled a little wider, he could have sworn that his stomach jumped from out of his body. He nodded, "Yeah. Totally agree." He said eagerly; within a couple seconds of replying he mentally scolded himself, he didn't want to sound stupid in front of her.

After dinner they headed to Betty's house to go watch a movie in the living room, Alice did not dare let them stay alone in Betty's bedroom. Keegan chuckled as he awaited for Betty to sit next to him while she went to set up the movie, once she had finished she slid herself right beside the teen, "Okay, I've got Heathers set up- if you don't mind of course." Betty said turning her head to face him, "Yeah- Yeah it's cool, I don't mind." Keegan replied with a small nod of the head. Shortly after the two began to watch the movie, Keegan shifted as he laid his head down on Betty's lap; her hand instinctively raking through his hair. The teens thoughts snapped away from the movie as he kept still, enjoy the contact, his senses suddenly heightening. He could smell the faint smell of Betty's grilled cheese mixed with her vanilla scented perfume, and how her fingers seemed to draw little patterns against his scalp. There was a rush of blood that turned his cheeks a deep crimson, he was thankful that the living room was dim; he held his tongue as he met her keep going. Keegan kept at the same position as eventually his eyelids seemed quite heavy, the teen tried to fight it but ultimately sleep overtook him.