PROLOUGE

I do not own any of the canon characters in this story, only the ones I have made; Nor do I own any gifs used in any and all chapters.

  Keegan and Caroline Ryland wasn't as sheltered as most of the families in Riverdale, their parents Jared and Michelle knowing it was useless hide the bone-chilling events that resided in the small town

•••

For the Fourth of July, it was pretty quiet in the Ryland household, the aroma of the spaghetti his family had eaten for lunch was slowly fading. And in the living room there laid Keegan watching some tv with Caroline, the two sat across from each other, Caroline's legs rested on her older bothers lap; the tv light shining bright in the living room- the dust particles becoming visible as it floated about in the bright beam of light.

"Keegan?!...Keegan!" A deep voice called from the stairs its voice vibrating with every step it took down the stairs,"Dad?" Keegan called as he slowly got off the couch, he hadn't noticed that his sister had already fallen asleep, he came over to his father the man shoving his feet into his boots, his coat and helmet put hastily on,"The fire station's calling for something that happened at Sweetwater River, take care of Pen, I'll come back as soon as possible," Keegan furrowed his eyebrows and nodded,"Of course, see you later dad." He said as he tossed the man his car keys as he left.

  When Keegan made his way back to the living room he sighed, he looked at his little sister. Her chestnut hair laid at her shoulders as she shifted here and there. He ran a hand through her hair and slowly lifted her from the couch, he cautiously began carrying her up the stairs. The wooden floor creaked lightly as he made each step all the way to her light blue room. He laid her down and pecked the top of her head, he closed her curtains.

  He headed back downstairs to just have a rest,  he scrolled through his phone instinctively, it was just second nature to him when he had nothing to do with his hands. A little ding had popped his train of thought- Betty was calling him, he answered the call with a smitten smile on his face,"Keeg? You there?" A smooth voice asked, he didn't answer her, far too busy daydreaming about her light and happy voice,

"Hey- Betty?" He said trying not to sound too exited, but of course that planned failed,"Is there something in your throat Keeg?" Betty asked,

"Sorry-" Keegan faltered embarrassedly,"I have like- a cold or something." He said as he mentally smashed his head on an imaginary table,"How...How is your internship?" He asked rubbing his shoulder,"It's been pretty fun," Betty explained, her voice quickly changing into a passionate and sincere tone. You could tell she was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet , finally able to talk about her internship in California.

"It's amazing! I've learned just about all of my writing and literature style from the one and only Toni Morrison," She said dreamily, she sighed and let out a dreamy laugh, Keegan couldn't help but feel a little light in the chest,"Hey, don't have too much fun without me and Archie." He told her with a small chuckle,"Yeah, yeah- I'm coming home soon, so wait up alright? I wanna give you two some hugs." Betty teased,"Yeah, I could totally use one of Betty Cooper's famous hugs." Keegan agreed with a little pang of joy in his chest.

  Metal roars erupted in the garage, it was probably his mother coming home from work, but the movements that clamored around the garage, "Hey, I think my mom just got home, I'll see you when you get back alright? Just save me a big hug." He said  Betty chuckled, "Of course, see you soon." She told him as he ended the call. The two best friends never really liked telling each other goodbye, it was like saying bye forever.

Keegan quickly came over to the garage, he opened door for his mother,"Hey mom," He said with a little smile, the shorter woman smiled as he pecked her sons cheek,"Keegan, where is Caroline?" She asked,"In her room asleep," he informed her. "How was work?" Keegan asked now, she shook her head,"Cheryl Blossom and her bother had gotten into an incident, your dad is helping the rescue team find Jason Blossom," She said shaking her head. Kegan nodded, he helped her settle in.

Keegan helped her cook dinner, he was chopping some potatoes, his hand at a good distance away from the blade as he began cutting. His mind wandered about as he thought about Betty, then to the start of their sophomore year, and then lastly to the matter of what happened to the Blossom twins. Hopefully they were alright, and that Jason would be found, and maybe the school year wouldn't start on such a sour note,"Keegan!" A voice quickly rang through his mind, he looked around,

"Oh, Keegan, don't be so careless!" His mother fretted as he slowly furrowed his eyebrows,"What did I-" He stopped when he felt dripping from wrist,"Sorry. I was thinking about some stuff," He quickly explained as she began to wipe and clean his cut, it wasn't big, but it was enough to bleed quiet a bit. He grimaced as she wrapped a bandage around the cut,"Thanks mom," He said sheepishly. The rest of the day questions began to float into his mind,

"Would they be able to find Jason?"

•••

  He is in for quite the rude awakening to find the truth behind a beloved student in Riverdale, that was for sure.