Moving in!?

Today's challenge was no skirts and a matching jacket with the outfit you're wearing for added style.  There was no set colour theme.  I decided to go with light blue eye shadow, short wing tip black eyeliner, (fave. colour) nails and (fave. colour) lipstick.  I put the lipstick in my purse so I could freshen it up a bit when I have to and applied a bit of blush and highlighter as well as concealer.  My soulmate's emotions kept me awake most of the night--venting his anger and annoyance, then calming down and venting his exhaustion from the long day.  After meeting him I'm pretty sure I blushed whenever I looked at him--but I was too caught up in the moment to realize.  Now I blush whenever I think of him and how warm I felt sitting next to him.

I slipped on my (fave. colour) shirt and some matching pants, (a colour that matches, for example, light blue shirt?  White pants.  You get the picture?)  I also slipped on some (fave. colour) flats and socks that were the same colour as my pants.  I slipped on leather gloves and a leather jacket that were also the same colour as my pants and I made sure my hair was well brushed and took a mint before heading to work after turning off my everyday, alarm reminder.  I noticed some boxes outside the apartments on either side of my own once I locked my door.  'Poor souls--the elevator is still broken.'  I thought, taking a moment of silence for their possibly aching legs and feet before I started down the many flights of stairs.

There, halfway up the stairs and carrying three or four boxes each were Mettaton and Papyrus.  Soon followed by Sans, Toriel and Frisk carrying a couple boxes each.  I stepped out of their way and gave them a curt nod, wave and 'hello.'

"HELLO HUMAN!"
"Hello, Darling!"
"Hey, Kid."
"Hello, Child."  They all said almost at the same time--Mettaton and Papyrus being the two loudest, Papyrus' being higher pitched, Mettaton's being robotic and deep and Toriel's voice being kind and high pitched--like a mother's and Sans being the deepest and most chill.  Frisk gave me a nod, obviously unable to communicate whilst carrying their boxes.  I wished them goodluck and told them I'd help if I could, but I was going to be late for work.  They said it was okay and sent me on my way.  I thanked them and jogged down the stairs, slipping down the last five steps from my speed and bruising my right leg from the landing and fall.

I quickly brushed myself off grumpily and picked up my purse before rushing to work with a slight limp from my aching, right leg.  Random thought.  I've been so tempted to hold my hair out of my left eye and glare deeply at people to make them cower back in fear.  I did it once as a kid and everyone stayed far away from me ever since and I didn't want that with my friends.  

I tripped twice on the way to work today which breaks my 'two days without incident' streak.  I worked hard in the cafe as a cashier and took note that everyone was on edge and looking out the window a lot.  "What's wrong guys?"  I questioned once the customer I was serving walked to a free booth.

"It's just..."  Mel began.

"We don't want those protesters coming back--not after yesterday."  Jacob finished for Mel.

"I know what you mean; but if it wasn't for those monsters coming here in the first place, we wouldn't be so on edge."  Cadence growled from the kitchen.

Mel brought dishes back from customers and Meyer stood beside me at the cashier.  Marilyn and Jacob also worked as waiters/waitresses today.  Marilyn was rocking a pink, blue and black punk outfit today--jacket, choker collar with spikes and a matching wristband and all.  She whispered yesterday that her eyes turn the same pink as Mettaton's and I took note of that.  I told her Sans has the same tattoo and jacket as my soulmate seems to have.  She squealed in private which made me laugh.  It helps to have a friend to talk to after two of your besties suddenly break your heart unintentionally.