Chapter 33.

No, it can't be! I needed to see what happened. I needed to know. I sit around my desk as I try to figure out what could have happened to my surveillance system.

The video recording was nowhere to be found, as if the recordings stopped at the exact moment everything went down.

A serious crime committed in my home and I couldn't figure out what happened. Did Dakota really have anything to do with this? I hold both sides of my head and hang my head down.

No, I close my eyes tight. She would never do that to my house keeper. "Isaiah." I look up to see Arthur and then I hear a sniffle. Under my desk held Asher, he was crying and hiding with a stuffed animal and his mother's phone.

"It's okay little guy, you can come out." He crawls out and I take him in my arms and sit around my desk again. "Everything will be alright little guy." He gives me the phone and hugs the bear.

"What's that?" Arthur questions and I press the home button, her phone was unlocked and on the screen held a typed message. "The answer to our questions." I read what was on it.

I have a Nanny cam in the bear, your mother did this, help me.

"These bad guys never learn their lesson, never say the plan. Just do." I chuckle.

"This solidifies everything. I recorded my mother when I went to her house but now, we have video proof even though I'm pretty sure she hacked my system here."

"Isaiah, I know you love Dakota and you care deeply for her but, the evidence here is a solid case against your mother." I hold my head down as I feel a pang in my chest.

"Are you sure you are ready to put the woman who brought you in this world behind bars? Because that's where she's headed." I sigh.

"Dakota doesn't deserve this, she's been through enough if anyone needs to make this right it's me. It's all my fault anyways, I made her love me despite knowing all my mother ever does was control my life. I never stayed away from her even though she warned me." I stand holding the evidence in my hands.

"If this is how it has to be then this is how it will be, she caused this up on herself." I hand them to Arthur. "I trust that you will take this to somebody who isn't under my mother's thumb, in the mean time I need to call Asher's father to come take him incase the system comes for him." He takes them as I'm finished speaking.

"I'm sure this will all be sorted out before that has to happen. I'll call my contacts now."

"Thank you Arthur, I owe you so much."

"No Isaiah, you owe me nothing. We are friends." He leaves and I go into my room to check on Asher. My heart bleeds for him as I think about the horrible things he witnessed.

Who kills someone in front of a child? I close my eyes tight. My mother and that scum will definitely pay for this, if anything I know about my mother is that she loves throwing others under the bus. I smile a bit.

I promise to make everything right Dakota, for you and for Asher.

I didn't get any sleep last night. I was forced to stay awake to watch over Asher. The kid had nightmares. Woke up several times in tears, crying for his mom, asking when she will be back and if she was here yet. My heart broke every time.

The sun peered through the half open blinds and I still waited for word back from Arthur but, nothing. It was quiet and I couldn't smell breakfast, there was no one here to prepare it.

I felt tears in my eyes. With everything that was going on, I didn't get to properly grieve. Morine was more than a housekeeper to me.

When my mother was too busy being a mother for her oldest daughter, Morine was the woman who guided me, who reminded me that I was important too and that I was placed on this earth for a bigger purpose.