16: First Trimester

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, beautiful."

She felt Grey kiss the top of her head and lay a plate in front of her. He made pancakes today. She loved pancakes. Soon more people came into the kitchen, and they were all having a conversation before she had to leave.

"Marisol, would you like some orange juice?"

She thought it was kind for Irabella to ask, but as she got a gift of the strong citrus smell, her stomach churned uncomfortably. She shook her head, placing her hand over her mouth. "Trashcan," she said.

"What?" Brad asked confused.

"Trashcan!" Before anyone understood what she was saying, she turned to the side throwing up the breakfast she just consumed.

Abigail immediately jumped from her chair and held Marisol's hair as she threw up on the floor. Greyson ran to her, rubbing her back gently. When she was finished, he got her a glass of water.

"Drink this."

"I'm so sorry," she exclaimed, wiping her mouth. "I didn't think I could find my way..."

"It's okay, sweetie," Irabella cooed. "Do you still feel nauseous? Greyson used to make me sick every morning."

Marisol nodded, still entirely embarrassed. "It came so quickly."

"Let me get you to bed, Marisol," Grey said softly.

"N-no, I have to clean it. It's my fault–"

"It's okay, Marisol, I'll clean it," Brad and Irabella said at the same time.

"We'll take you to work later today, okay?"

Marisol nodded at Abigail as Grey picked her up. He carried her upstairs but realized he didn't take her back to her room. Instead, he put her in his bed.

"This isn't my room."

"It is now."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll be staying in my room for now on."

She didn't have the energy to argue. She just laid down. After a few minutes, she felt the bed dip and her mate pull her into his arms.

"What are you doing? You have work."

"You don't feel well," he said obviously. "I'll go in when you go in."

She silently rubbed her head against his chest. She could feel him slip off her heels and unzip her skirt before pulling it down her legs. He took off her blouse and replaced it with one of his shirts. She sighed comfortably. "Thank you."

"If you need to throw up again, tell me and I'll carry you to the bathroom."

At some point she must have fallen asleep because she woke up from her stomach gurgling again. "Grey," she said a little panicked. He immediately picked her up and carried her into his lavish bathroom. He set her down in front of the toilet.

"The toilet is in front of you."

He watched as she knelt and puked again. He didn't know what to do until he remembered what Abigail did. He grabbed her hair and gently rubbed her back as she emptied her stomach. She eventually came away from the toilet and laid against the bathtub, her stomach still turning. "I'm okay. I promise. You can go to work."

"No, Marisol," he said. He sat down on the edge of the bathtub, rubbing her back as her head fell into her hands. "I'm staying with you."

"Do you think this is morning sickness?"