Growing Bonds

Cynthia watched in shock as the black dog-like pokemon rolled around playfully.

"How..?" Cynthia questioned, crouching down. Y/N looked at the Zorua and back at Cynthia.

"I don't know, but I think it likes me" Y/N laughed as the Zorua licked his cheek.
"Do you want to come with me?" Y/N smiled, holding out a pokeball towards the Zorua. The Zorua bounced around on its paws, wagging its tail.

"Alright buddy" Y/N ruffled the Zorua's fur and caught it inside the pokeball. Cynthia stood back up and smiled, offering her hand down. Y/N grabbed her hand and stood up, looking down at Cynthia who had taken out a map.

"We should head here first Y/N" Cynthia said, pointing towards a town near route 1.

"Viridian City, huh?" Y/N ran his hand across the map.
"Stay still Cynthia" Y/N whispered, staying dead still. Cynthia looked up slowly. The tall grass rustled. A dark shadow seemed to be walking around in the grass getting closer. Y/N reached down to his belt slowly, putting his hand on a hidden pokeball. Cynthia glanced down at Y/N's hand.
'He has a master ball?!' Cynthia thought. Questions began to fill her head as Cynthia watched the shadow closely. The shadow slowly emerged from the grass, showing itself in the sunlight.

"A Riolu?" Y/N smiled, getting eye-level with the small fighting type pokemon. Cynthia watched in awe as Y/N befriended the small Riolu by scratching behind its ears.

'He's amazing. How does he know exactly what to do?' Cynthia thought, staring intently at Y/N.

"Uhhh, Cynthia?" Y/N waved his hand in front of her. Cynthia snapped back to reality and blushed wildly.

"I..sorry" Cynthia muttered. Y/N waved it off and watched as the Riolu tapped a spare pokeball on his belt. The Riolu then jumped back and got in a fighting stance. Y/N smiled as if he understood what the Riolu wanted.

"He wants to battle" Y/N looked back at Cynthia.

"Are you nuts?! It's a fighting type Y/N! You could get seriously hurt!!" Cynthia exclaimed.

"Trust me" Y/N said calmly, patting Cynthia's head.

"But.." Cynthia started.

"Watch" Y/N replied, giving her his bag and glasses.

"I'm ready, whenever you are" Y/N said, as he turned back around. The Riolu nodded and threw a punch at Y/N who blocked it and dodged around the Riolu with ease. Surprised, the Riolu recovered quickly spinning around with a kick aimed towards Y/N's chest. Y/N rolled out of the way at an unnatural speed, and swept his leg across the ground knocking the Riolu down. This battle went back and forth for 10 minutes, causing Cynthia to panic every time Riolu got the upper hand.

"Done?" Y/N panted, taking off his ripped shirt. This caused Cynthia to turn bright red as Y/N's toned muscles and abs were now on full display. The Riolu struggled to its feet and bowed before Y/N, who bowed back to the pokemon. The Riolu walked over to the spare pokeball, putting its hand on the center and disappearing inside it. Y/N collapsed on the floor and blacked out.