Chapter 32 |Arnav investigates|

Start from the beginning

"Hmm! I understand! Acha chor in sab baton ko. Zaika will be opening after 2 days. I'm so nervous it excited at the same time khusheeeee!" Her sister squealed, not being able to contain her excitement.

"OH MY GOD! I KNOW JIJEEEE!" Khushi joined her sister, hyping her up. Calming down, she expressed. "I'm so proud of you. You know I always say this because it's something you should acknowledge of yourself, which you don't do always. But I'm really happy for you for your achievements. I will always be."

"Chal ab bas karde! I'm not in the mood to cry right now." She heard her sister's quivering voice and chuckled. (Just stop now ok!)

"Ok but tell me what are you gonna wear?" Asked Khushi, gravely. "I want my jiji to look the best on her big day."

"I honestly don't know Khushi."

"Clear your schedule for tomorrow. We're going shopping."

Payal chuckled, knowing her sister would always have her back, mostly in fashion emergencies.

"Yes ma'am! I'll make sure of that!" She assured her, laughing.

The sisters bade their goodbyes, settling on the plan they made for tomorrow.

~~**~~

Arnav, first thing after coming home, marched his way to his room, wanting to do the research he was tempted to do at the office but resisted.

Khushi had become a well known public figure now so there definitely would be some information on the internet about her.

And he wasn't disappointed for he found a hefty amount of it as he typed her name in the search engine.

Her accomplishments, information about both her companies, a short biography, her paparazzi shots, rumors about her, her social media's.

He found everything!

Astonished would be an understatement to what he felt with what he was seeing.

Laila badr Hadid, age 21, is one of the youngest selfmade multimillionaires. She is an entrepreneur, a model and a beauty blogger. She is the founder of the cosmetics line 'Radiance by Laila Hadid' and also of a leading luxury clothing company 'Be you'. The founder, Hadid, was chosen as one of "The 30 most influential people on the internet" by Time. In the span of 2.5 years, both her brands have built a positive reputation on a lot of its products, such as, a collection of foundation, concealers, eyeshadow and some face palettes, the high quality material of their clothes, their range of sizes, and the unique designs is highly appreciated.

There were a lot of things written but he scrolled to the 'Family and Background' part next because of curiosity.

Hadid, had been adopted by an Indian family at the age of 11, after her biological parents, Badr Hadid and Isha Badr Hadid passed in a car crash. Hadid once stated that her foster father had been good friends with her biological father since a long time, so upon seeing no other possibilities, he adopted her after their unfortunate death. She holds both Indian and UAE citizenship.

Well, that was quite a revelation for him.

He read further more about her recent launches, her products, her success and what not.

Looking at her photos he saw some that were paparazzi shots of her, walking around or getting out of her car, some which were professional photo shoots and some which were from the events she attended. Whatever it was, she looked absolutely beautiful in all of them.

It were the rumors about her that upset him. She was photographed along many other famous male influencers. The beast inside him roared with anger and jealousy but looking at her statements, on turning all the rumors down, he was relieved.

He kept browsing for hours and was provided with quite a lot of information.

Sighing loudly, he put his laptop away, feeling worn out.

He was about to go change his clothes and take a much needed warm shower, when a knock disturbed him.

"Chotey?" It was Anjali.

"Yeah di, kya hua?" (Yes di, what happened?)

"Hum kehnay aye they kay neechay aa jao, we're about to have dinner." (Come downstairs.)

Agreeing, he decided to first dine then come back and perform his night rituals.

************************************************
Well that was it. I apologize for the long delay. I accidentally burnt both my thumbs while cooking, stupid me! 🙄 So it was complicated for me to type a long update, but I did everyday, little by little, so I'm sorry if this has some mistakes.

Also I posted a SS on arshi a couple days ago. It continues from the point when Arnav sends Khushi to that about to collapse construction. It's an interesting one, do check it out if you haven't already. ; )

Here's the link: https://my.w.tt/ejryJHI015

Or you can just go to my wall and find it there!

Love y'all! and I'll try to update asap ; )

PS: Just because the lockdown has been eased in some countries, don't take it lightly. Still be as careful and cautious as we all were before. Stay safe!