Chapter 19: Encounter

Începe de la început

"What's wrong, father?" I asked innocently while feeling anxious about his answer.

He brushes his hair back and sighs heavily. "I don't know but I feel like there's been a nuisance here." He glares at the ground as the table shakes. I trembled in fear as his aura became intense and dark. Luckily, Lucas isn't here anymore since I told him that I'll be busy. Thank the heavens. "Anyway, you have to get dressed right away in the afternoon"

I choked on my tea and grabbed the cloth to wipe on my mouth while muffling my coughs. "What?" Lily pats my back as my coughing goes away. "But the party starts in the evening! And we're not that far from the palace!"

"There's something called a surprise and besides don't you dislike unwanted attention?" I flinched. He's right. "We have a big reputation in the empire and everyone is desperate to see you" His aura becomes gloomy as fire surrounds him. "You have no idea how many marriage proposals I burned" He glares and I shiver.

"I see..." It will be our first time attending a social event together but not in a way that I wanted. I would just expect it to be a simple celebration or a tea party. Not the freaking emperor's birthday ball!!

*TIME SKIP* - Afternoon -

All the maids in the mansion gathered in my room and prepared everything to get me dressed up for the emperor's birthday. This situation is very similar to my birthday preparation but I don't think this is necessary!!

"We will make you stand out the most!" All the maids' eyes glimmered with pride and determination which made me a little nervous. "Everyone will be staring and coming to you once you arrive."

That's the opposite of what my father and I want!!

"Black hair and pink eyes!" Lily announced as I sat in my chair waiting for the maids to choose my dress. "Remember those traits!"

They all followed directions and went through my closet while the others got out of the accessories. Then when everything was ready, it was time for me to get ready.

*TIME SKIP* - 3rd POV -

Anastacius rested his forehead on the mirror with his eyes shut and palm pressed against it. He mutters gibberish with a blank mind but his heart feels unfamiliar to him. 'What is this that I'm feeling within me?' He thought to himself as he slowly lifted his head and stared at himself with a depressed face. The indescribable feeling in his heart that could not be expressed through words. It was a mix of happiness and sadness, full yet empty at the same time.

"... Diana. Today, we'll go out to see Claude" He whispered to the glass empty dark mirror. "Please. Our daughter wishes to see you" A teardrop came out from his eye and rolled down his cheek. He wipes it and puts on an expressionless face after a moment of silence.

"... Sigh." He turns and walks to the door. "... I also hope to see you but I understand" He said before going out and closing the door in a disheartened tone.

The moment the door closes and the room becomes completely dark, a light of magic swirls in the center to form Diana. Appearing out of the mirror with a stunning face, speechless at his words. She stared at the door and mumbled in sorrow yet joy.

"... I want to be with you" She placed her hand over her heart as she thinks of Anastacius and Athanasia. "... As a family" She whispered to herself.

A family that she always wanted in the first place. 'But do I really deserve that?' She sadly thought to herself.

~ Athanasia POV ~

All the maids look at me in astonishment with happy faces as they appreciate their art of work. I should be stunned and admire my beautiful face and body. But I'm so tired and hungry too!! Gahh! I can't be rude! Though my black hair and pink eyes really do stand out and give a different aura in comparison to my original genes.