LXXII. Dearly Departed

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on!" Damon groaned.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena questioned. Mhm, i don't know maybe cause that's his brother?

"He's my brother." I nod slowly, Damon giving me a look. "We remain together."

"We have a deal."

=======================================

"Alina." Bonnie sighs, relieved. She rushed over to me wrapping her arms around me, "I didn't know if you were okay after everything."

"I'm fine." I smile. "But we just really need your help." Bonnie nods as we head over towards the elevators. The doors opened as we got the second level, Damon sighing.

"You know, we're not halfway out of Virginia, and Elena sells our soul to the Originals?" Damon scoffed.

"It's her call." Bonnie shrugged.

"You know what else is her call?" I hum, slightly walking faster, moving ahead of them. "Everything bad like, ever. "

"Where's the body?" Bonnie sighed. "As long as it's unspelled, Alaric is one witch away from finding it."

"Hidden," Damon smirks. "I was going to use Unit 666, but i figured that would be a little obvious." I scoff, shaking my head, walking over to the storage unit. "So-"

"1020. Mini fridge, a couple of birdcages, a box full of 'Playboys'." I sigh, lifting up the door, "And an Original." Bonnie stares at me for a second before walking over to Klaus' coffin, opening it. Damon hums and suddenly Klaus' eyes pop open and i jump slightly.

"Creepy..." Damon mumbles.

"I need a minute." Bonnie sighs.

"Just jam the witch locator, bat signal, whatever, and get on with it, Bonnie," Damon demands.

"Elena, Jeremy, and Alina, you all lost Jenna because of him, lost Alaric because of him. Tyler's a hybrid. My mother's a vampire. Could you give me a minute to just appreciate the sight of him like this?" Bonnie snaps. I tap Damons arm, leading him out of the unit. I close the door, leaning against it and taking a deep breath.

"You okay?" Damon frowns. I nod slightly, looking away from him.

=================================

"Bonnie just left, Damon's in the unit with him, and Rebekah should be here soon to pick up the body," I tell Stefan on my way back to the storage unit.

"Well, i got Caroline and Elijah in place. Jeremy's gonna bring Alaric to us." Stefan sighed, i hear the door close and i sigh, he's leaving Elena at the house.

"Who are you talking to?" Damon asks as i walk into the unit.

"Stefan," I answer, putting the phone on speaker.

"You know, " Damon speaks up, "You just had to let her make the choice, didn't you?" He huffs.

Stefan sighs, "What would you have done, Damon?"

"Grabbed her, gagged her, threw her in a well." Damon shrugs, making me laugh lightly. "I don't know, anything other than let her trust Elijah!"

"What's wrong with Elijah?" I defend. Damon swats his hand, dismissing me.

"You know she'd just hate you for it."

"Yet she'd be alive and she'd hate me." Damon shrugged. "Thus the internal difference between you and me, brother."

"Enough," I groan. "Look, as soon as we get the stake and hand over the coffin, we get the hell out." I sigh.

"Alina's right, Alaric's got half the police looking for Klaus' car." Stefan stated.

"Will do." The elevator door dings and i sit up, knowing it's Rebekah. Damon tilts his head, telling me to go get her. I get up, walking out into the hall.

"Finally," I huff, "Where the hell-" I choke on the air in my lungs, feeling an arm wrap around my throat.

"Where's is Klaus?" Ric. I lift my hands up, starting to twist.

"How did you find us?" I choke out, moving my hand to his wrist.

"Well, you'd be amazed at how competent law enforcement is when it's not corrupted by vampires. Now, where is Klaus?" I twist his wrist back, Alaric crying out.

"Take your guess." I breathe out, running out. Suddenly, Alaric is in front of me.

"I hope i get lucky," He smirks, before he snaps my neck.

=============================

I sit up, groaning, looking around. I look down the hall, seeing Damon on the floor as well. I stumble down the hall, groaning. I kneel next to Damon, shaking him. He groans and i press my fingers to his mouth, telling him to be quiet. "Alaric's here." I mouth, he sits up quickly, looking around.

"Damon? Alina? Where are you?" We hear Rebekah call out. Damon and i share a look, quietly standing up. "Guys, this isn't funny." She groans. Rebekah passes us, and Damon grabs her arm, covering her mouth.

"We need to get Klaus' body out of here, now," I whisper. Rebekah nods as we quietly head over to 1020. We do it as quietly as possible, wheeling the casket out to the car. I still have hope as we see the car, but quickly lose it when Alaric appears in front of us. I gasp as he slams Rebekah into the car and then to the floor. Damon moves forward, Ric kicking him down. I rush Alaric, throwing him away from the coffin and to the other side of the room.
He then rushes me, stabbing a stake into the stomach. I cry out, look up as he lifts the casket open, pulling the stake out.

"No!"

"Ric, stop!" I cry out, yanking the stake out of my stomach, trying to get up. The stabs the stake into Klaus' body and i move towards Alaric, shoving him against the wall, stake pressed against his heart. I look back seeing Klaus' body in flames, Rebekah sobbing. Ric shoves me to the floor and i stay there, Damon's body moving next to mine.

I'm going to die. I get up, Damon looking up at me. "Alina? Alina, where are you going!"