Fall Apart

Luna's Pov

        Three months and two days. That's how long I have been at Ouran, and I never imagined anything like this could happen. How could, in three months, my life fall apart as it had? What caused this to happen? Well, I knew the answer to that question. Me. Let me explain how this had all started. How I lost one of the two things I had left in the world. My brother.

*That Morning*

        I rushed to my class, clutching my open bag to my chest. I had overslept this morning and I was running for dear life, in order not to be late. The bell rang and I saw my classroom at the end of the hallway and I tried to pick up speed, but I was already sprinting. When I finally got there I was panting. "I'm sorry I'm late," I said as I burst through the door. Everyone looked at me, and the teacher looked shock," Well, Miss Rhoades, I would love to hear your excuse for being late to my class and interrupting us." I sighed and said," I have no excuse, Sir. But, if you'll excuse me for saying. The bell rang for class only a few seconds ago, so I doubt I have interrupted much." He looked mad, but all he said was," Detention for being late," And turned to the board. I hurried over to my seat, my face red with embarassment as everyone giggled.

        I sat down, and dug through my bag for my textbook, and began to panic when I realized it wasn't there. I searched over and over, but it was gone. I had to supress a groan and instead settled on a quiet sigh. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Tamaki looking at me confused. "What's wrong?" He whispered. And I whispered back," I forgot my textbook." He thought for a second and then picked up his textbook and handed it to me," Borrow mine. I have all the notes," I smiled as I took it," Thank you." The teacher spoke louder then, not turning his back from the chalkboard," Quit talking Mr. Suoh, and Miss Rhoades. Thank you," I huffed slightly, and then turned a bit crimson as the class snickered slighlty.

        We were halfway through the morning when there was a knock on the door, and we all turned to see an office runner there. She hurried over to the teacher and whispered something in his ear, and his gaze turned to me. He nodded and the runner left the room. "Miss Rhoades if you would please pack your stuff, your father is here to pick you up." My eyes widened in shock and I bolted up in my seat. "Miss Rhoades?" He asked, but I wasn't listening. I knew I had to look scared, but I was scared. "I have to.. I have to go," I said and ran out the door, in the opposite way of the front of the school.

        I ran as fast as I could and I after a long time of random directions, I darted into an abandoned classroom, closing the door softly behind me and running over to a cupbard opening it and hiding in the bottom. I pulled out my cellphone and shakily dialed the number, messing up and having to restart multiple times. Finally I managed to put the number in and I held the phone to my ear, trying not to hyporventilate as it rang. "Please pick up, please pick up. Please," I begged silently. Finally, there was a click, signaling that the phone had been answered," Oh, thank God, Russel! Please, you have to help me. Father has shown up here, and I am scared. I don't know how he managed to get away from you guys, but-" I was cut off as someone chuckled on the other end and my eyes widened," No. Why do you have Russel's phone?" I cried. "Well, it's of no use to him now. And, who else would you call? Your mother was worthless to you anyway." I shook my head as tears began to fall down my face," That's a lie! I loved her, but she wasn't able to care for us!"

        I could hear the smile in his voice," Well, it's okay now. Because, I have come for you. We can be a family now." I was trembling and I said, well shouted, with a shaky voice," What did you do to my brother!" He only laughed and hung up the phone. I sobbed and threw the phone at the other side of the wardrobe, and curled my legs to myself as I shook. This couldn't be happening. I heard the door to the classroom open and close then and I clamped my hand over my mouth, trying to silence myself. He had found me. The footsteps came closer and closer to the closet and my crying became heavier, and I couldn't stop some sound from escaping.

        The doors were thrown open and all I could do was curl into a ball and cry on the floor of the cabinet. It was silent for a few seconds when someone reached in and gently picked me up, and hugged me to them. I tried pushing myself away, but I was too shaky and weak from crying. "Let go," I cried," Please, I don't want to go with you. I promise I haven't told anyone. Just, let me go and no one will ever find out. Please," I cried. "Luna," he said, and I sobbed again and buried my face in his chest," Oh, my God, Kyoya!" I cried and continued to sob," I'm so sorry. Please, please forgive me." I cried, and he just held me, and tried calming me down. "Luna, you have to calm down. Please, you already have people searching for you. If you don't want to be found then you have to be quiet." It took me a few minutes, but I managed to silence my cries, but I was still crying silently and shaking.

        He sat down, and I sat in his lap, shaking in fear. "Luna, I know you don't like talking about your family, but I have to ask now. Why are you running from your father?" I froze then. No shaking, no tears. I just sat frozen. I looked up and met his eyes, and his caring expression twisted into worry when he saw my expression. I knew that my expression was of complete and utter horror. "Oh my God," I whispered," He killed them." His expression turned to shock," Who? Luna, who killed who? Your father?" I didn't react. I knew I must be in shock. "Russel, Mother, and now me. He's killing us."