Harry cringed as the memory invaded his mind. Voldemort's laughing intensified. No. It was more like cackling. Crazed, deranged cackling. A shiver ran up Harry's spine, causing him to close his eyes tightly.

Instead of offering a hand to the Gryffindor, Draco sat on the ground next to him. Harry fixed himself, so that he was resting against the wall of junk, instead of on the dusty isle.

"Hiding away from your friends." It was a statement not a question.

"Something like that," Harry said.

"Why?"

It was a shock to both that the question was asked. It was even more of a shock when it was answered completely honest and truthful.

"Ron's been getting on my nerves lately. Hermione too. Not that she is trying to or anything like that. She just thinks she knows everything," Harry admitted.

Draco bent a knee and slung an arm over it. "Yeah. I've got friends like that, too."

This was the most civil conversation they have ever had. It was a shock. Neither one of them knew how to handle it, so they kept talking. It was the only thing they could think to do.

"I've heard you and Weasley have been getting into plenty of rows, lately," Draco said.

Harry sighed. "Something like that. He is with Lavender, which is causing a drift between him and Hermione. Let alone the fact that him and Lavender will not break up, even though everyone can see that they are both miserable. And on top of that he is trying to set me up with his sister, even though I have expressed very clearly that I don't want to."

"You don't want to date Weaslette?"

"No. Are you going to ask me why, too?"

"No. Not at all. I just thought you two would always end up together. Get that perfect ending for you."

Harry had to hide a laugh. "Dating Ginny would just be weird. She's like a sister to me. But apparently, that's not reason enough for Ron."

Draco let out a laugh at Harry's begrudging tone. It was not often that he heard the Gryffindor golden boy talk about his best friend with such distaste.

Harry felt something tug at his heart, at the sight of the blond laughing so freely.

"I don't mean to laugh—okay I do. How long has Weasley been pushing you to date his sister?"

"Since her and Dean got together over the summer," Harry answered.

Draco laughed harder. "—And he hasn't gotten the message yet?"

"No."

"That's...hysterical."

Harry half-heartedly rolled his eyes. "Not for me."

"Of course not."

Once Draco finally got himself to stop laughing, he wiped the tears from his eyes. "Are you hungry?"

The Gryffindor shrugged his shoulders. "Not really."

This answer worried the Slytherin. He had noticed how the raven-haired boy was thinning. Taking a bout of courage, he stood up, held his hand out, and gave a soft smile.

"I'm going to the kitchens. Do you want to come with me?" He asked.

Harry debated the offer in his head. He really should eat something. But then there was this nagging thought that: this was Draco Bloody Malfoy. His sworn rival. Just because they were being civil now, did not mean that Harry was ready to show any sign of weakness in front of the blond.