~thirty eight~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Jeno continued to run towards the red door with the 'boy' sign on it, Jaemin releasing strange breaths as a way of asking 'what the hell is going on?'

The older didn't respond to any of it though, stopping in front of the said door just to push it open aggressively and pull the blonde in behind him.

There, crouched down on the floor and hands reaching up to grip the sinks, was Renjun. A pitiful sniffle escaped his lips as a few boys were leaning down to see what was wrong. Renjun never cried, as far as everyone was concerned.

"Leave it to us," Jeno ordered, walking over to stand over the Chinese and watching as the strangers nodded meekly and brushed passed him and Jaemin, shutting the door behind them.

"I'm okay....." Renjun choked out, and it took all Jeno had not to scoff.

"Bullshit, Renjun. Absolute bullshit. I've been sitting in the dark all this time, trying to understand you two. But look at us? Hm? What are we even trying to do here?"

Jaemin tugged on the older's sleeve, mouthing 'what is happening?'

Jeno shrugged, "I think that's the million dollar question, don't you? How about we all just sit down and talk? All we ever do together is dance around some subject I don't understand while you two stare daggers at each other and call me oblivious."

Renjun bit his lower lip, letting his hands drop to his sides as he rested his head on the unhygienic surface. "I never thought it'd be this way, y'know? I wanted to be friends with you Jeno..... 'cause you were always so alone.......and Jaemin somehow appeared." His voice was a little hoarse as he stared at nothing, recalling everything that had happened. "Why am I like this?"

Jeno then crouched down beside him, pushing the older's hair away from his damp eyes. "We just need to clear everything. If we are going to be living together like this, then secrets just won't cut it."

Jaemin sat down, crossing his legs and tilting his head. He pulled out his phone and set it to the digital voice. "What happened between you two? What am I missing?"

"Well, I might as well come clean," Jeno sighed, rubbing his eyes and preparing himself for the possible anger the pair would soon show. "I am so sorry Renjun. We kept this from you....ever since that sleepover. Jaemin and I," he glanced at the blonde who was visibly panicking, slapping Jeno's thigh in retaliation. The older simply held it, shaking his head, "We kissed each other."

At first, there lay a silence in the dank room. Jaemin watched in horror as Jeno basically told him with his eyes 'this is for the best'.

"B-But I-" Renjun tried to form words, not able to grasp why this was happening. "Why am I only hearing this now?"