~four~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

As Jeno rinsed his hands in the sink, looking into the long mirror in front of him while standing in the school's boys bathroom, he bit his lower lip.

He was halfway through the day, and halfway through the week. Luckily, he did a few extra shifts at his part time job and managed to pay for the water bills again. But how much longer could he continue to live like this?

Behind him, one of the cubicle doors opened, a familiar pinkette wandering out.

"Jeno," he murmured, walking over to the sink beside him. It was Jisung, as reserved as ever. One of the hardest people for Jeno to deal with, because he couldn't tell if the younger even liked him.

"Hey," the older murmured, grabbing a hand towel and drying his hands. Jisung continued to spread soap around his fingers, staring at them but not really. He always had a far away expression on, and Jeno wondered how Chenle even broke through to him in the first place.

The shorter was about to leave and escape the awkward atmosphere the other had created, but he was halted by Jisung's voice.

"Wait. I have something I was supposed to tell you."

Jeno paused, turning around and giving him a look saying 'go on'.

The pretty boy looked at him properly for once, not preoccupying himself with other things. "You're part of the events committee, aren't you?"

Jeno frowned, "Not that I'm aware."

"But your name was on the list."

Again, the older was slightly confused, never having signed anything apart from a sheet that was passed around at the beginning of the year requesting for permission to have photos of the students taken for the year book. Unless....

"I was tricked again, wasn't I?" He sighed. This was one of many happenings for him, such as the girls tricking him into going to a party, the boys signing him up for sports days, and others in general trying to include him in different things.

"Tricked?" Jisung enquired monotonously. He didn't really raise or lower his voice unless he really had to. Chenle once told the Jeno that he was a beautiful singer.

He would've loved to have that proven.

"Yeah, people are always forcing me to have fun when I don't have time...." the brunette sighed, waving it off dismissively. "Anyway, I'm part of the events committee it seems. What did you need to tell me?"

"Well, my year, the juniors, are in charge of the open night this year, where the parents get to see our progress. I'm sure you already know this since it was your year's turn last time."

Jeno nodded weakly, remembering that his mother couldn't make it last year since she was too weak. It was only a month before she died. He was getting to be a similar state....shakes, aches and nerves.