-XX-

"But Hyeong! I don't want to fish!"

Minho glances back at the younger, furrowing his eyebrows before a small smile spreads across his face.

"You always want to play. It's about time I teach you something new, you know," Minho takes a step toward his brother, about to ruffle his hair before the younger pulls his head away, covering his brown locks with his small hands.

"But fishing is boring!" Yongbok whines, trying to dig his heels into the grass as Minho tried to drag him. "Can't we spin tops or fly kites or play Tuho?"

"We can," Minho hums, glancing back at his little brother. "But fishing is more fun, Jikseu."

"Ugh! I hate this!" Yongbok used his free hand to cover his face, the guards of the palace glancing toward Yongbok's yells at his brother, trying to wiggle out of his iron grip.

"Yah, quiet down, or I really won't play with you." At that Yongbok shut his mouth, nodding furiously as his brother laughs at him.

They settle down at a small pond in the yard, filled with beautiful fish that Yongbok awed and cooed at, kneeling on the grass and dipping his small hand into the water.

"Be careful!" Minho keeps Yongbok from falling in before securing the fishing line to the pole.

"But Hyeong they're so pretty!" Yongbok smiles wide, Minho sitting beside the younger, handing him a fishing rod. Yongbok purses his lips, pushing his lips apart as if he was a fish greeting another.

"Okay so first, you need bait. Like worms or insects or something," Minho pulls out a small bag where the adults put their money in, opening it. Yongbok grimaces when Minho pulls out a cricket, attaching it to the end of the line. "So then all you have to do is- Hyah!" Minho calls out, pulling the rod back and casting the line into the water. "Your turn."

Yongbok makes a choked sound when he reaches into the purse Minho held up, gagging when he pulls out a cricket.

"Stop being a princess, they're just crickets," Minho laughs when Yongbok drops it, pushing himself away from the cricket while the older picks it up from the dirt.

"But they're so weird looking!" Yongbok whines, Minho attaching the insect to Yongbok's fishing line before handing it to him. The younger brother nods, returning to his spot. "Hyah!" He casts the line, turning to his older brother with wide eyes and an expectant look. "Like that?"

"Yeah! Just like that!"

"What now?"

"Well- we wait. Just wait until a fish takes the bait. You can tug the line a little, but not too much since the fish will avoid it," Minho sighs, leaning back onto his palms.

"Oh," Yongbok frowns, Minho smiling at him.

"Yep." the older prince hums, letting Yongbok lean against him. "Oh."

For a moment there was silence between the two- silence that seemed so rare with the freckled prince around. Without Yongbok, Minho always seemed so silent. Then the younger would come stumbling into him, making weird crafts, asking to play with him, learning unknown things. He was a breath of fresh air to the stifling palace. But sometimes, Minho wanted time for himself.

This silence was a once in a lifetime thing between them, and both of them appreciated it. It was something new, and something Minho welcomed. So Yongbok welcomed it too- even if it's just fishing. 

"Hyeong," Yongbok stares at the pond, Minho humming as he shuts his eyes, absorbing the peaceful sounds surrounding them. "Why does royal father look at you like that?"