𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━━ 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━━ 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎

The fading of the sunlight had also meant the fading of the heat. Wintry air swirled around Eliza and her companions, taking every lick of warmth it could. The town of Valentine would often fall to low temperatures during the birth of nightfall and the early hours of morning.

Eliza had picked up all the items and supplies Pearson had listed down for her, the wagon basically filled to the brink. Javier had picked up on a small lead, a possible house robbery, nothing too major and Bill hadn't had any luck with finding anything.

They had finished hours ago but Javier and Bill, mostly Bill, had insisted that they should go have a drink in the local saloon because they deserved it. Javier hadn't declined the offer and Arthur hadn't been around when the idea was brought up.

With the wagon parked behind the general store and Arthur looting around somewhere within the town, Bill had managed to persuade Eliza to join him and Javier.

They walked up the few steps that led to the porch of the saloon on the main road, Javier leading the way, followed by Eliza and then Bill himself.

Bill couldn't hold back his laughter, he was absolutely enjoying his time and couldn't wait to go inside and grab himself a few cold ones. "Liza, don't this seem nice?" Bill questioned from behind her, a grin tickling his lips, urging to show itself.

Eliza knew what he was hinting at and she wasn't surprised at all. Bill often liked to make jokes about her working in a saloon, it was almost a daily routine of Bill's to poke at her about her working past, but sometimes he would just get either too annoying or go overboard.

Eliza rolled her eyes, "It feels mighty fine, Williamson." She sarcastically responded. Javier glanced over his shoulder and chuckled, shaking his head at what Bill was saying.

Bill couldn't help but cackle, "Oh I bet it does! Say, why don't you become one of the workin' saloon girls for the night? Maybe put on a little performance for me an' the greaser? That'll be quite the sight." He snorted with laughter from behind her.

Eliza knew Bill meant no harm with what he was saying but she couldn't withstand the obnoxious laugher that was followed behind every word that left his mouth.

Before Bill could even process what was going on, the tip of Eliza's knife was pressed onto the skin of his stomach that was poking out near the hem of his jeans. "You wouldn't want that pot-belly of yours to be fallen victim to the knife, Bill.." She spoke coldly through her gritted teeth, her usually baby-blue orbs no more as a darker blue had overshadowed them.

"Would you two quit it?" Javier looked at the bickering duo annoyingly. "Well I ain't the one pullin' knives on people, now is I greaser!" Bill hissed angrily, his eyebrows coming down to form his signature scowl.