Part 20 - Lady Phantomhive

You watched as Ciel and Sebastian 'politely' escorted the men off the premises and laughed as they pleaded for forgiveness. You never expected Ciel's meetings to be so exciting. You stood slowly getting ready to leave the boardroom and heard a gasp coming from the door, and quickly spun around to see who it was.

"What happened last night?!?!" 

"Mey Rin!! I-" You squealed in delight, but before you could continue she ran inside the room and bombarded you with concerns.

"I heard Ciel start fighting with Elizabeth just after you left, I thought you might have been found out!! I was so worried, so I started eavesdropping out of curiosity..." She said with an apologetic smile, and you laughed as she continued. "You wouldn't believe what Ciel did! He broke-"

"Uhh..." You softly cut her off, looking at your feet and hiding a smile. "I was hiding under the desk the whole time..."

"Oh my GOSH! Were you safe?? Does Lizzy know about you? Did he end it so that you guys could keep, uhh... Well, stay together?"

"Sort of..." You said shyly. "Lizzy doesn't know, but... He proposed to me last night..."

Mey Rin froze, expressionless and couldn't even speak.

"Y-You... Are you going to be safe?-"

The two of you froze as you heard the door swing open, and you looked past Mey Rin's shoulder to see Ciel standing there watching the two of you with his usual fearsome demeanour.

"Master, I apologise for slacking off, I-"

"I appreciate your devotion to serving Lady Phantomhive. Would you accept becoming her primary caretaker?"

Mey Rin and you joyfully glanced at each other, and Ciel didn't wait for a response before walking out of the room.

"Sebastian, bring my papers to my office."

The two of you sat in silence and listened as Ciel and Sebastian's footsteps got softer and softer, until all of a sudden Mey Rin broke her trance and began to squeal in excitement.

"So... you said yes...? I'm so excited for you, 'Lady Phantomhive'~!" She teased. "We can still be friends like this though right? I can address you formally now if you'd prefer...!"

"Oh please don't, we can still be normal friends! And I haven't... really decided yet..." you said letting your voice trail off in slight embarrassment. "Ciel said he would wait until I made a decision."

"...You need to properly catch me up. And we need a plan if Lizzy... No, if Elizabeth decides to make another surprise visit. My Lady, perhaps if you're ready to be bathed?~"  Mey Rin giggled.

---------------------------

"I apologise for calling you that. I lost my usual temperament due to the heat of the moment."

"For calling me what?"

You climbed into bed and laid next to Ciel after your first day as a free lady. You expected to be exhausted, but Ciel barely has you do any work and you don't really know how to keep busy besides helping Mey Rin while staying out of sight. Extinguishing the final candle by the bedside, you relaxed your eyes in the darkness of the room.

"Lady Phantomhive. When addressing Mey Rin."

"I worry that you may find yourself pressured into marriage sooner than you would have naturally intended, and so I try to refrain from providing any external pressures. I want you as my wife, of your complete free will."

"You're very thoughtful..." You said as you moved in closer to cuddle Ciel. "But I enjoyed hearing it. You don't have to refrain from anything."

"I enjoyed saying it... But I must refrain."

You readjust yourself to lie your head on Ciel's chest, listening to his heartbeat and basking in his scent. "...Why?"

"I would dress you in the finest fabrics money can buy. I would have you wear the most expensive diamonds I could find. I would parade you to every lord and lady in the country, just to brag about my beautiful wife and watch as I indulged you in every pleasure I could offer. It would transform into intense, overwhelming pressure for you to marry me. And so I must wait until you choose that life with me, before drowning you in it."

"You've just contradicted yourself. All you just did was overwhelmingly convince me." You say as you giggle and begin tracing your fingers down Ciel's chest. He takes notice and lifts you to his eye level and leans in to kiss you ever so gently.

You lean back and dodge the kiss, and in one swift movement climb on top of Ciel to sit on him.

"Such a brat." Ciel says as he grabs hold of your hair and sits up, forcing you into the kiss.

"Basement or bedroom?"

"We can stay in the bedroom, I promise I'll be quiet.~"

"My love... Lady Phantomhive may be as loud as she would like."

--------------------------

A/N - have to mention the best people in the universe rn TheNightFallingStar  AlexSansone Creative_Pandas and Theweirdestotaku you guys are my favourite <3