( The 5th Dish )

As Soma goes home, he calls his dad and said, " Dad, I passed the test but it because of Akiro stepping in and make sure Nakiri Erina didn't read the file. If she reads it, probably she is willing to fail me because it said I work in the diner. I will make her say its delicious next time! "

"Akiro was there? The kid that beat you five years ago. I saw him and Lan around the world. The last time I meet them is in India. He and Lan have improved so much. " Said Joichiro.

"So, they when to India and around the world? But I will win next time! "

"Fine. Fine. Anyway, do you want to know the secret to be a great chef? "

"Nope! Later dad. "

As he closes his call. Man, it already 5 years since that match. I can clearly remember it because of the taste of that omelet. Ahh... I think because of that and since that, I have been asking dad to train me in different cuisine and the culinary world. Just you wait! I will beat you next time! Soma thought.

- In the Amane household -

"Hacuhhh!!" Akiro sneeze.

"What anything wrong Akiro-sama? Are you having a cold? " Lan asked.

"No, someone has been talking about me."

- One Month Later -

As the sakura flower blooms and the new school year has started

"We will next present the new student their class badge. Incoming valedictorian, Nakiri Erina. " The announcer said.

"Here. " Erina said. As she was put on the badge that was given and leave the stage.

"We now welcome our keynote speaker. The director of Totsuki Culinary Academy, Nakiri Senzaemon-sama. " The announcer said.

"Greetings, congratulation on your advancements to the high school division

"Greetings, congratulation on your advancements to the high school division. During your three years in the junior high school division, you have to obtain a basic skill set in school set and deepened your understanding of each ingredient. In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics. Including culinary theory, nutrition, public health, introductory agronomics, and management. Now, you're finally standing at the entrance to the high school division. The challenges you'll now face are not about your skill or knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional. 99 percent of you are meant to be sacrificed for honing the remaining 1 percent! Of the 812 students who entered our high school division last year, only 76 advances to the second year! Incompetence and mediocrity will mercilessly be excised from our student body. A thousand first years will be whittled down to a hundred next year and we can count those who'll advance to graduation in one hand. Aspire to become one of the small handfuls of those professionals! It could be you! Hone yourself! That is all! " Said Nakiri Senzaemon as the crowd more motivated.