chapter 2

"And Sandy will need to stay away from any stressfull enviroment," Nick was rattleing off things that Sandy needed and needed to stay away from to the flight assistent that would be taking him through everything. He looked at Sandy and wondred for only a moment if he should just say that Sandy couldn't go, that Sandy needed to stay, that he would go next year, but ine look at Sandy's excited face gave Nick the last boost if confidence he needed to stop babbling. "bye Nick, I will be ok. Don't worrie about me, Take care of mommy!" Nick kneeled down and hugged Sandy, he could feel the urdge to cry, but he had to stay strong, the adendent took Sandy by the hand and Nick let go "I'll miss ya 'lil guy" Nick said "I'll miss you too Nick, see you winter time!" and off he went, little Sandy, into the big scary world, Nick thought, and I worked so hard so that he could stay, and now, hes gone.

Nick waited just inside the airport door, waiting for his cab to show up, when a nice, sweet looking girl with caremal coulered hair that fanned out in currles at the ends. she wore a pair of old jeans and an old t-shirt. She looked tiered as she walked towards him. she walked with a slight limp, and only then did he relize that she had a fake foot. She came up next to him alone, there was no one with her, and she peered out the window at the wet pavment, crowded with taxis and cars. "oh no!" she exclaimed, looking down at her phone, "aunt can't pick me up! oh i'll never get a taxi in this!" Nick studyed her distrested features and knew that she was in a simailar situation he was in, he could tell by the bags undre her eyes from tierless work and he knew he had to help her get home to her aunt."I have a cab coming, you could get in mine and we could split the cost." she turned and the exspretion of relife washed over her face "oh, thank you!" she said with the thank you wrighten all over he face "but its a bit expensive to get a ride downtown, i can pay." she said "im going there too!" Nick said "what street?" "elks cresent." she replied "thats where i live!" Nick said "im Nick." he held out his hand to shke im Nick" she took his hand "nice to meet you Nick," she said "im Rose."