Ultima Werewolf

"I doubt a pickaxe will work, Aaron." I say when he comes back carrying a very sharp one.

He takes his jacket off and attacks the wall. Sure enough, a few minutes later, he turns away, red-faced and angry. "This is COMPLETELY INSANE! Why is this wall solid? I-it wasn't like this before!"

"Maybe it---"

"SOMEONE! Help!" Garroth's voice screams.

"What? Garroth?" Aaron mumbles, dropping the pickaxe and racing out of the room, with me right on his heels. "Garroth, what's going on?" We rush into the room to see Kim on the ground and Garroth leaning over her, poking her. AGAIN.

"What happened?" I demand.

"I---I don't know! She had come in here acting strange, and then the next thing I know, the lights flickered and she collapsed!"

"Is she breathing?" Aaron asks.

"Yes, I checked. She's just---"

Kim starts coughing and she sits up. "Kim?" Garroth asks.

"Ugh." Kim groans. "Garroth?" She asks faintly.

"OHH, Kimmie Kim!" Garroth crows. "I was so worried about you! What happened?"

"I... I think I was having a bad dream." Kim mutters. "I... I dreamed I kissed Zane, and that I was in love with him."

We all look up at each other. "Wow." Garroth finally says. "That does sound bad."

"Kim, are you sure that that was a dream?" Aaron asks.

"Huh?"

"Well..." I start slowly. "Zane said that you actually kissed him... and now you're telling us that you dreamt the same thing."

"That... is a bit odd." Garroth admits.

Kim sighs. "I don't know. The dream felt weird! It was like I couldn't control my own body...And now I feel like I can't think."

My stomach rolls inside me. Potion "me" refuses to look at her eyes, but I think back just to make sure. I don't remember her eyes being green... And she seems like herself now...

"I have a bad headache." Kim continues weakly. "And I feel cold!"

"Let's get you in bed, Kim." Garroth says sweetly. "You need to rest!"

"Please." Kim says wearily. "I would love that."

"Garroth, Violet." Aaron orders. We both look up. "Take care of Kim. I'm gonna get Aphmau and see if we can find another way into the cave."

"Go on!" Garroth says. "We can take care of her!" Aaron nods and leaves the room, and Garroth and I pick Kim up and tuck her into bed. We gently close the door behind her and breathe a sigh of relief when we hear Kim snoring softly.

Garroth grins at me. "You should go check on Zane. I'll stay here."

"Okay, Geroth!" CURSE YOU, IVY-SELF!!

"It's GAR-ROTH!!!"

I go downstairs just in time to watch Zane go outside. I follow him curiously and see Lucinda, Aaron, and Aph outside with him.

And Lucinda has bright green eyes.

The second Zane and I make eye contact with her, a weird spark happens and a shudder goes through my body.

Oh, Irene.

It's happening. It's happening right now.

"Hey, Aphmau." Lucinda says, her voice as sweet as honey. "Do you think you would come help us find someone in the woods?"